REAR SPOILERS ?

mradam87 said:
chappo said:
RussZS said:
Yeah, that's the one then. It's £106 inc VAT from Renault. You got yourself a bargain there!!

Does look ace, I'll be adding mine next week.

does anyone know the part number for this spoiler, :?:

as i am going into renault tomorrow morning to collect my wind deflecters, so i could order this at the same time,

thanks.

Are you getting Renault to paint/fit it Chappo or doing it yourself?

right went in this morning and the spoiler is £106, for them to spray it and fit it will cost another £150 + VAT,

i didnt think that was to bad tbh, so i am having it done in 2 weeks time, :smiley:

chappo said:
right went in this morning and the spoiler is £106, for them to spray it and fit it will cost another £150 + VAT,

i didnt think that was to bad tbh, so i am having it done in 2 weeks time, :smiley:

That's not bad actually! Although I wonder if they would fit the spoiler from ktec as that's the one I'm after?

mradam87 said:
chappo said:

That's not bad actually! Although I wonder if they would fit the spoiler from ktec as that's the one I'm after?

i bet they will mate just ring up and ask how much fitting will be and spraying,

cant see them turning work down tbh,

£150 + VAT is quite high - most body shops near me quoted £100-£120 for spraying (using Renault paint) and fitting. Renault will probably outsource it anyway?

I'd get some quotes from other places for the spraying and fitting.

I don't get why people buy the KTec one for £50 more...

Mine cost me £50 for painting and I fitted it myself.
So all in mine was about £75 (to buy spoiler,paint and fit)
bargin... :smiley:

mradam87 said:
chappo said:

i bought the very same spoiler from K-Tec and had it fitted by Renault... end of the day if they have a bodyshop they should do it... equally so any local bodyshop should do it too.

RussZS said:
£150 + VAT is quite high - most body shops near me quoted £100-£120 for spraying (using Renault paint) and fitting. Renault will probably outsource it anyway?

I prefer the Ktec one as it doesn't have the gap in it like the Renault one, even if it is pricey...

mradam87 said:
RussZS said:

I prefer the Ktec one as it doesn't have the gap in it like the Renault one, even if it is pricey...

you can also get discount from K-Tec which should bridge the price difference a bit... when i bought mine (and i admit i havent checked prices recently) there was next to no difference in price. plus if you are paying extra, it's for a little bit of exclusivity... not many people have the K-Tec Elia spoiler fitted which was the number 1 reason i chose it, as well as the fact that it looks more OEM in my opinion

i prefere the renault one with the gap in it thats the one i am getting anyway, i dont mind paying the £150+ VAT to get it sprayed and fitted either, i have used other garages and the quality of there work didnt impress me tbh, so i am getting mine fitted at renault. :wink:

right went into Renault yesterday and ordered my rear spoiler should be with me on wednesday,

when i went into Renault last week to enquire about spraying and fitting they gave me a price of £150+ vat.

guess what that has now gone up to £220 + vat, ( get the manager out ) lol,

well after about 10 mins talking to the body shop manager i FINALLY got them to fit/spray it at the original quote.

how can it go up by £70 in a week to do the exact same job. ?

right went into Renault yesterday and ordered my rear spoiler should be with me on wednesday,

when i went into Renault last week to enquire about spraying and fitting they gave me a price of £150+ vat.

guess what that has now gone up to £220 + vat, ( get the manager out ) lol,

well after about 10 mins talking to the body shop manager i FINALLY got them to fit/spray it at the original quote.

how can it go up by £70 in a week to do the exact same job. ?

sounds like typical dealerships. Price depends on whether the manager got some oats the previous night..............

TBH £150+VAT isn't much for it to be done Renault approved

sounds like typical dealerships. Price depends on whether the manager got some oats the previous night..............

TBH £150+VAT isn't much for it to be done Renault approved

yes thats what i thought £150+ vat is pretty decent tbh for Renault approved anyway.

but £220+ vat is taking the pi$$ a bit. ( 6 days later anyway ).

I am right to say that I prefer the end plates of the cup spoiler to be colour coded? I just think it makes the whole thing look a bit more subtle ...

without:
cup2.jpg

with:
cup1.jpg

I am right to say that I prefer the end plates of the cup spoiler to be colour coded? I just think it makes the whole thing look a bit more subtle ...

without:
cup2.jpg

with:
cup1.jpg

yes im with you on this one Adrian,

that looks 10 times better dont it.

Still think it a little OTT for something I'd have, but it does look good on certain cars.

When you getting yours fitted Chappo?

Still think it a little OTT for something I'd have, but it does look good on certain cars.

When you getting yours fitted Chappo?

the spoiler should be here tomorrow, so hopefully get it sprayed and fitted by the weekend mate.

will get a few pics up when fitted adam.

the spoiler should be here tomorrow, so hopefully get it sprayed and fitted by the weekend mate.

will get a few pics up when fitted adam.

Good man, will be good to see the end result! Spoiler is the next thing on my list I think, just need to save the pennies first!