Rear discs

Chris

Bad cop
Need new rear discs.

Anyone swapped any on a 200t yet?

Mtec do some but they are grooved - which I'm not so sure on at the rear - anyone have any comments on this?

What's your opposition to grooved discs, don't they help keep the pads even and improve braking efficiency?

I don't think they squeal either, my MTEC ones have been fine, I think it's the drilled or C-Hook ones that squeal?

What's your opposition to grooved discs, don't they help keep the pads even and improve braking efficiency?

I don't think they squeal either, my MTEC ones have been fine, I think it's the drilled or C-Hook ones that squeal?

By "just dandy", I think he meant good or fine

I'm pretty sure it's pads that makes brakes squeal

I undestood that the grooves improve braking mostly in the wet, as the water can get away etc. Not really sure to be honest. I've never quite understood how reducing the amount of surface area (friction and braking force) makes for better brakes though. Must be a water/heat thing.

No issue with them remotely - I have them myself on the front.

Just don't usually have them on the rear is all... at least from what I've seen..

No issue with them remotely - I have them myself on the front.

Just don't usually have them on the rear is all... at least from what I've seen..

If you've got them on the front then surely would make sense to have them on the rears so they match? thats just my opinion anyway! :tongueout:

You guys want a laugh?

Renault just quoted me over £600 for rear brake discs and pads and fluid fitted.

Are they diamond encrusted discs or something? :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Must be - ill ask when I pick it up..

Just booked it in with my garage up the road, they got the discs for £115 lol... Opted not to bother with the grooved rears, dont think its needed as you hardly use the rears discs...

Whats concerning though is when renault rang me up they said my fluid was pretty much black (find this hard to believe as A: I got the fluid changed less than a year ago and B: I checked my fluid reservoir last week when checking levels and I think id have noticed if it were black....)

Must be - ill ask when I pick it up..

Just booked it in with my garage up the road, they got the discs for £115 lol... Opted not to bother with the grooved rears, dont think its needed as you hardly use the rears discs...

Whats concerning though is when renault rang me up they said my fluid was pretty much black (find this hard to believe as A: I got the fluid changed less than a year ago and B: I checked my fluid reservoir last week when checking levels and I think id have noticed if it were black....)

They're probably just hoping you'll take their word for it and pay for it to increase their revenue or something :worried:

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
You don't hear many good stories regarding Renault servicing these days. £600 is extortionate price. Not surprised you've looked elsewhere Chris

You don't hear many good stories regarding Renault servicing these days. £600 is extortionate price. Not surprised you've looked elsewhere Chris

The service is actually 'good' value - £188. Which is not too bad for a dealer service (I'm only doing it for the bloody stamp). My Gf has a fiat panda and they charged her £240 for that lol...

The service is actually 'good' value - £188. Which is not too bad for a dealer service (I'm only doing it for the bloody stamp). My Gf has a fiat panda and they charged her £240 for that lol...
Perhaps I should of put service centres rather than services then!

£188 is not too bad. Assume that's an interim service mate?

Got it back this morning.

As suspected brake fluid is not black... maybe the prat was looking at my engine oil.

I'll still change it anyway, being as it's booked in for that as well.

Reactions: Dystant and Big Ben