Help: New rear discs with protective anti-corrosion coating?

Marsch

Paid Member
Hello gents,

I'm searching for a picture and some informations about a new version of original rear brake discs for the Mk3. They've some coating around the center/hub part looking a bit like "Hammerite" paint (rough texture) to protect against corrosion. I'm quite sure that it was in this forum where somebody posted a photo of them but I can't find the respective thread.

Does anybody remember who it was that posted about them or do you've any infos like a part number or the like?

Thanks a lot, Ben! So, if I'm going to order new ones I presumably get them like that, right?

Sidenote: I already have new ones from Delphi here but the corrosion of "untreated" ones was always bothering me just because of the look.

Thanks a lot, Ben! So, if I'm going to order new ones I presumably get them like that, right?

Sidenote: I already have new ones from Delphi here but the corrosion of "untreated" ones was always bothering me just because of the look.
I would assume so, however it’s worth asking the seller as I imagine some retailers may hold stock and not order new stock in for every order, which means you may get the old discs which don’t have enough protective paint as I don’t know how long Renault have been providing these discs.

Reactions: Marsch
That's why I think I'm going to order them directly via my garage which also is an official Renault dealer.