really miss my old car

i saw a R/B 182 with stripes yesterday,

i must admit it was stunning to look at. never been in one driven one for that matter.

but i do like them, would i own one over the 197 probabally not.

Apples and Pears for me....Trophy is epic and the ultimate clio (no question). In the same way the E30 M3, Pug 205gti, Mk1 Golt gti, series 1 Turbo......There are benchmarks at their time. When you own one of these, you own a part of motoring history. They will have their failings but they are in some cases 20+ years old technology. If I get bored of the 197, a pristine trophy will be top of my list. If I buy a good one, I won't lose a penny. The 197/200 will only be good as the next RS clio...I really can't imagine many new cars, below 20 grand being collectable...hmmm only maybe renny meg RSR....

Last edited:
As said, they are no doubt one of thee best clios ever produced but i wouldn't have one over the 197/200.

There is just something about the 1*2's that doesn't feel right. Not saying its a bad thing because im a huge Renault fanboy.

But there has also been three members if i remember correctly that has sold there 197's (before the 200 came out) for a Trophy again.

I miss my 172 Flamer massively. Broke down about every 2 miles, but I loved it to bits.
I wish I still had a loud exhaust. Miss the sound my 172 used to make. The 200 seems too quiet and I cant really afford to blow aload of money on an exhaust yet.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIem2ulz9pY).
There is part of me which wishes that I didnt sell it and tie myself to this car (even though it is amazing).

I miss my 172 Flamer massively. Broke down about every 2 miles, but I loved it to bits.
I wish I still had a loud exhaust. Miss the sound my 172 used to make. The 200 seems too quiet and I cant really afford to blow aload of money on an exhaust yet.
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yIem2ulz9pY).
There is part of me which wishes that I didnt sell it and tie myself to this car (even though it is amazing).

ironic... i had a flamer 172, low n loud, and same sceneria... i wish i ahdnt got rid to fund a 197...... lol