Really a NA fanatic

My fathers got his eye on the market for a Carrera S as a replacement for his 1999 Boxster S but it seems to have more than had it's day! The only spec he's concerned about is for it to be a soft top (I throughly believe hard top looks much nicer, yours especially being a stunning example! Them seats look so good!)

Personally I'm not too clued up on my Porsche's, there seems to be such a vast range of different specced cars I find it difficult to distinguish the differences between varients of the same model! I've never been in a 911, but I have been in a Cayman S which seemed light a great car from a passengers perspective!

The highlight of anything Porsche was having a 918 Spyder park behind us whilst waiting for a ferry to the Le Mans 24 Hour... whilst also being wedged in by a Lamborghini... Dad certainly made sure the handbrake was securely fastened on the Westfield haha

b1b443d152488da5b63008da21549870.jpg42170267dff2c95097a63745e69215f5.jpg

Great pics mate, especially the first two. Not a 911 fan but I can totally see the appeal of one. Especially cool that it's a NA manual too, will be worth a fortune fairly soon I think.

And I totally agree with your assessment. The little Clio's are just SO much fun to drive and can go around corners as good as almost anything, a Seat would be a definite downgrade in my opinion. I hope it's not just city driving that yours gets to see though, that would be a real shame to miss the best thing about the car (ie. the handling).

Reactions: Pina13jpc
Great pics mate, especially the first two. Not a 911 fan but I can totally see the appeal of one. Especially cool that it's a NA manual too, will be worth a fortune fairly soon I think.

And I totally agree with your assessment. The little Clio's are just SO much fun to drive and can go around corners as good as almost anything, a Seat would be a definite downgrade in my opinion. I hope it's not just city driving that yours gets to see though, that would be a real shame to miss the best thing about the car (ie. the handling).

Nooooo! Definitely not! Mine has a lot of trackdays on it... I buy the cars to use and abuse them! But let's keep it secret... :tearsofjoy:

IMG_1093.JPG
IMG_1101.JPG
IMG_1105.JPG
5B5B6FC4-2951-40ED-9425-36EE12BFFE2A.JPG
6F2265B7-6375-46D4-845D-ECBD0E8D2061.JPG
8DD5755E-A463-4610-B914-637BFEE022F7.JPG
72B4273D-BC3F-4026-866F-86D62D2E84BC.JPG
CB69E783-CA72-47CA-A194-FCBBB33A0675.JPG

Now THAT is what we were wanting!

:track:

Good to hear it mate. Clearly you're on non-standard suspension. Any tasty modifications we should know about?

Now THAT is what we were wanting!

:track:

Good to hear it mate. Clearly you're on non-standard suspension. Any tasty modifications we should know about?

Now the car has:
- Akrapovic full Evolution line
- H&R springs
- Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2's
- Ultra racing strut braces
- K&N panel filter
And I have a set of Team Dynamics 1.2 ready to go on the car

Next on the list:
- Remap
- Quaife LSD
And if I buy a Cupra Sub8 and keep the Clio, I might cage the Clio and buy some proper bucket seats and coilovers :smile:

Reactions: ///M
Pina what do you mean the last na 911?
Are you saying that all the new 911's (regular/s) will be turbo now?

Yes, except for the new GT3 and GT3 RS, which are expected to keep their NA engines. All Carreras (2/4/2S/4S/2GTS/4GTS) have seen their 3.6 and 3.8 litre NA engines replaced by an all new 3.0 litre twin turbo flat 6.

Ew thats sad

Aint it just.

2-stroke motorbikes came and went....mainly due to emissions (I blame California !).

And now due to dwindling natural resources and the efficiency of smaller Turbo'd lumps; is the n/a engine soon to disappear in the same way.....

We'll all be in VW Lupo 0.6 litre TSi's soon :-(

Aint it just.

2-stroke motorbikes came and went....mainly due to emissions (I blame California !).

And now due to dwindling natural resources and the efficiency of smaller Turbo'd lumps; is the n/a engine soon to disappear in the same way.....

We'll all be in VW Lupo 0.6 litre TSi's soon :-(
Thats sucks..
And yeah its emissions issue