Really a NA fanatic

If you plan on going up any hills then I wouldn't take the Clio. In fact, I'd take the Porsche over the Clio all day long.

Reactions: Pina13jpc
I love my Clio as much as the next guy... but if you've got a 911 why would you ever choose to hop in the Clio instead?!

:track:

Great post!

NA all the way!!!

So come on, how does the driving experience compare between the two? Which one is more fun?

The thrills from my other car are pretty special indeed but I still LOVE driving the Clio.

Nice garage Pina13jpc :smile:

****Johnny99 said there was a guy at his Clio Rolling-road meet at the weekend with a really new Ferrari and a 197. I also saw the pics on facebook.

And the guy preferred the 197 over the prancing horse ! Fact......

Nice garage Pina13jpc :smile:

****Johnny99 said there was a guy at his Clio Rolling-road meet at the weekend with a really new Ferrari and a 197. I also saw the pics on facebook.

And the guy preferred the 197 over the prancing horse ! Fact......

Well he said he'd have preferred to have been in the Clio that day anyway! He said that the slog up the motorway at 70mph in the Ferrari was boring & the Clio would've been more enjoyable. We both said that our other cars have their place. He enjoys the Ferrari for touring down to Southern Europe in the same way as I enjoy my E Class cabriolet for the same kind of trip. However for a blast around some twisty country roads the Clio has it. I was glad he'd brought the Ferrari myself.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Well he said he'd have preferred to have been in the Clio that day anyway! He said that the slog up the motorway at 70mph in the Ferrari was boring & the Clio would've been more enjoyable. We both said that our other cars have their place. He enjoys the Ferrari for touring down to Southern Europe in the same way as I enjoy my E Class cabriolet for the same kind of trip. However for a blast around some twisty country roads the Clio has it. I was glad he'd brought the Ferrari myself.

Maybe i got that slightly wrong then Johnny.

The fact he owns both is still saying something !!!

Reactions: Johnny 99
Maybe i got that slightly wrong then Johnny.

The fact he owns both is still saying something !!!
He's had a lot of lovely cars, several Ferraris & a Lamborghini. He wasn't a fan of the Lambo, said it was only happy being driven hard & terrible the rest of the time. A nice position to be in to keep changing your supercar! I'd be ecstatic to have just one in my lifetime!

Reactions: shells2074 and ///M
He's had a lot of lovely cars, several Ferraris & a Lamborghini. He wasn't a fan of the Lambo, said it was only happy being driven hard & terrible the rest of the time. A nice position to be in to keep changing your supercar! I'd be ecstatic to have just one in my lifetime!

Well. What a flash git !

Damn. Did i really say that. Is my jealousy showing that much.......

***Seriously. Good luck to the guy :smile:

And agreed on Lambo's etc being 'hard-work' on a daily basis. Something like a GTR would be far less painful in any situation i'd imagine.

Reactions: Johnny 99
A nice collection for sure.
Aside from this, I'd never want a supercar. To me, they're impractical and expensive. I'm just a regular guy who likes his hot hatches. If I could have any other car, I'd choose something like a Merc ML, I love sitting higher up. If money was no object I'd probably have an ML63 or whatever they are now and a Clio/Megane.
They call me Mr Exciting

Reactions: Jimmy and ///M
Great post!

NA all the way!!!

So come on, how does the driving experience compare between the two? Which one is more fun?

The thrills from my other car are pretty special indeed but I still LOVE driving the Clio.

The Clio has gained its place in my heart... and in the garage! The Porsche might change (and it changed, from a 997 Turbo mk1) but I don't see what I could replace the Clio with. I'd like to buy a Leon Cupra sub8 but I don't want to say goodbye to the Clio... It's so practical for the city and I don't have to worry about parking or any other thing. And the NA engine and manual gearbox... hot hatches like these are not built anymore :disappointed:

Now the Porsche is another league, and surprisingly (or not for who has lived with one) 911's are very usable daily, kind of the practical sports car. If I only had one parking space it would have to be the Porsche staying... In addition it's a pretty rare 7-speed manual, with sports exhaust and sports seats so it's pretty... sporty! The car is a super nice package, so well balanced that you feel that the 400 hp are not enough... you feel the need for more 100 or so. Maybe that's because I was used to a Turbo, which was much faster in a straight like. Interestingly, they both have the same time on the Nurburgring, so that says a lot about the chassis. I've had it for a year and values are holding quite well since it's the last of the NA, which is always nice! Below are some cool pics of when the car was listed for sale

AutoGouveia 2.jpg
AutoGouveia 7.jpg
AutoGouveia 10.jpg
AutoGouveia 13.jpg
AutoGouveia 14.jpg
AutoGouveia 20.jpg