R3 Airbox

Its like a gumtree site or ali bar bar type thing only option to email distributor which I have done but hearf nothing back yet

Its like a gumtree site or ali bar bar type thing only option to email distributor which I have done but hearf nothing back yet

cheers mate,currently in conversations with AC Sport of france,fair bit of broken english could prove a sticking point,they've been away racing all weekend so hoping for a reply 2moro as promised,they are wanting 566 euros for the three parts in carbon,trying to get the clips that hold the panel filter in,the relocating expansion tank bracket and hoses thrown in,he who dares wins and all that!

FAO Fernandez,how quickly do u think you could produce a fibreglass version matey,plus what would the finish be like on the inside of the box,cheers

FAO Fernandez,how quickly do u think you could produce a fibreglass version matey,plus what would the finish be like on the nside of the box,cheers

I'm still quite away off mate cos I have been finishing off some other moulds including the Clio bonnet (see seperate thread) plus I will want to get it on the dyno and mapped before I release any. You would be quicker getting one from AC. If you go with the fiberglass one the inside will be smooth enough, not smooth like plastic but nothing to get worried over.

You'll find the only difference betwen the carbon ones and the fiberglass ones are obvously the weight but the carbon one will provide a better insulation to heat transfer than the fiberglass one but not so much that you would actually notice unless you were a serious racer that is.

The bracket to move the expansion tank is only £10 from R-Sport, its the extra pipe work from the radiator to the expansion tank that costs nearly £200

Reactions: Hulk1982
I'm still quite away off mate cos I have been finishing off some other moulds including the Clio bonnet (see seperate thread) plus I will want to get it on the dyno and mapped before I release any. You would be quicker getting one from AC. If you go with the fiberglass one the inside will be smooth enough, not smooth like plastic but nothing to get worried over.

You'll find the only difference betwen the carbon ones and the fiberglass ones are obvously the weight but the carbon one will provide a better insulation to heat transfer than the fiberglass one but not so much that you would actually notice unless you were a serious racer that is.

The bracket to move the expansion tank is only £10 from R-Sport, its the extra pipe work from the radiator to the expansion tank that costs nearly £200

ah ok cheers angel,£10 for the bracket isn't bad,surely i could just make the extra hosing required with stuff from the local motor factors,ok the hoses won't be formed to the exact shape but hey,if done neatly does that really matter