R27 Clio and decals...

-Eddie-

Missing In Action
Basically my R27 has all decals and several people have said the car looks 'too busy' with the decals on. I've even had one fella argue with me that Renault never won the F1 Championship in 2005 & 2006.

I want to keep at least some of the decals on - but which should be removed? Front bumper, rear bumper, roof, door or rear quarter panel??

I have just the front and rear bumper decals on mine. I don't like the roof and wing ones but as said it's personal preference!

Who owns the car? You or the people who think its too busy with the decals? If you like it, leave it.

+1.

Your car mate, you pay the bills, you have it how YOU like it.

I'd leave them all on like Roy has said. Personally, I think with it being a limited car they're all part of the package.

Well the thing is, I see some with only certain decals on and I think they look as good, if not better than mine.

mate its ur car u have it the way u want it FINAL lol. plus i happen to like the fi decals i think they really finish the r27 off and make it more desiarible

Personally I like the stickers on mine. Like you, at the start of ownership I thought about removing them too, but they've grown on me. But go and price those stickers new from Renault and see how much they would be to replace if you did remove them and wanted them on again!

On your LY I would remove the Renault Sport decals from the back quarter panel. They're not original and might take away the 'busy-ness' of it!

Never worry about idiots arguing about F1 stats. Sure you know some boys would argue a black crow was white here in NI!

Cheers guys, because I was never 100% either way I was gonna keep them on as I know they are quite expensive.

Alan - The RS ones on the rear, were they put on aftermarket? Would make sense as to why i've seen them on a couple of standard Clio mk4s about the place, but never seen them on another R27 lol. IF they aren't original I think i'll take them off.

In was in the same boat when I got mine. Intended to remove door and roof ones. ended up removing the roof ones I think it makes out look a bit more grown up. The door ones grew on me and are still .on today.

I'd give it some time and see what you think.before you peel. They are expensive to put.back..

They do make the 197 look a bit.more special

Easy to remove though I didn't even need a hairdryer in the summer

Last edited:
Are they easy enough to remove? Could I do it myself?

Yeah they should be. Heat them up at a corner and pull them away. Take your time and you'll be ok. You might need some tar & glue remover to lift any residue left behind.

Who owns the car? You or the people who think its too busy with the decals? If you like it, leave it.

+1 I own an R27, ALL (with no exception lol) my female friends are like, ''come on Yiannis remove those stickers'', my sister is like ''come on Yiannis these stickers are awful, especially the one on the roof'', some friends of mine (who drive Vags, Range rovers and one who drives LP-640 are like ''as chavvy as it gets, nice one Yiannis''....guess what...the stickers are still there! Love them!

I've even had one fella argue with me that Renault never won the F1 Championship in 2005 & 2006.
LOL so what car was alonso driving in 2005 and 2006 then??

I love the decals! They are really good and add something to the car that makes it a tiny bit special. If it has all and you do want to get rid of all bar one, then I would keep the roof - it is £400+ to replace from Renault.

Just to put it into perspective the F+R are £108 each and the L+R are £90 each. They were priced up about 2 years ago so it might have changed...

It is your call, but it is a lot to replace if you change you mind, especially just to please some tool in the street!!

I'm keeping them on. I removed the RS ones from the rear quarter panel and must say it looks a lot better and cleaner with them off!

I'm getting a new front bumper on mine and the from Renault breaks down the price and the front decal is only 35£, dno where these 100+ estimates are coming from