Cleaning/Polishing Decals on the Clio R27

Gentlemen,

Any suggestions on how to maintain the decals on the Clio R27? I've been browsing through a lot of youtube videos and online forums, the recommendations I found range from using fine compound polish to using a tire/plastic/vinyl protectant (iike STP Son of a Gun?).

I'd really like to know:

1. How to clean the decals to get rid of the dirt and water bead stains? (Is it safe to use rubbing alcohol?)

2. How to polish the decals?

Thanks

I think mine are beyond a polish. The sides are starting to fade at the edges and the roof is starting to crack in places. I think I'll probably end up replacing the lot

Reactions: ///M
Carlack Complete to clean and polish and Auto Finesse Tough Coat to protect works for me.

Rate Tough Coat for the whole car? Discontinuing very soon so 30% off on final stock! Tempted to get some but at the same time if I like it I'll be gutted I didn't go for it sooner!!

I think mine are beyond a polish. The sides are starting to fade at the edges and the roof is starting to crack in places. I think I'll probably end up replacing the lot

Just making sure you're aware how pricey that will be!

If you do end up going for a full lot, we might be interested jumping in on the roof decal if it means we could get them cheaper. Give me a nudge if ever you go for it.

Rate Tough Coat for the whole car? Discontinuing very soon so 30% off on final stock! Tempted to get some but at the same time if I like it I'll be gutted I didn't go for it sooner!!
It's just as good as my Swissvax Mirage in terms of protection and longevity. The reason I use it is that it doesn't leave the white residue around the decals. I will definitely get more if it's discontinuing. Go for it mate you certainly won't be disappointed.

Reactions: Benno
Tough Coat is a good shout for them, it’s what I used on mine when I had an R27.

Just as a shameless plug, I’m able to sell Rejuvenate, Tough Prep and Tough Coat at around the same RRP as AF currently have it for. Have both 250ml & 500ml of it all (except Rejuvenate I only have 250ml)

:wink:

@LOCKE
@Benno

Reactions: Benno
It's just as good as my Swissvax Mirage in terms of protection and longevity. The reason I use it is that it doesn't leave the white residue around the decals. I will definitely get more if it's discontinuing. Go for it mate you certainly won't be disappointed.

Cheers @LOCKE I've just bought 250ml of both Prep and Coat along with some Strawberry Lather Shampoo they're also discontinuing, may as well give it a try!!

@-Eddie- thanks for the offer, I may be in touch soon if I like it and they've ran out of stock!

If you do end up going for a full lot, we might be interested jumping in on the roof decal if it means we could get them cheaper. Give me a nudge if ever you go for it.

I got a current price last week from RPD as I desperately want them on mine-

£150 per Side for the door decals
£750!! for the roof

I could be interested too, but it would have to be a very, very good deal at those prices.

I got a current price last week from RPD as I desperately want them on mine-

£150 per Side for the door decals
£750!! for the roof

I could be interested too, but it would have to be a very, very good deal at those prices.

Yeah it's pretty scary huh?!

Our stickers are in pretty decent condition to be honest but there are some spots of oil (I got sprayed by some JCB doing roadworks!) that I just can't get off. Bothers me. But does it £750 bother me?...

:smiley:

Yeah it's pretty scary huh?!

Our stickers are in pretty decent condition to be honest but there are some spots of oil (I got sprayed by some JCB doing roadworks!) that I just can't get off. Bothers me. But does it £750 bother me?...

It definitely is mate!

I know they're not to everyone's taste but I can't believe people actually took the free delete option (on £1050 worth of decals!)

I would have to have everything else fully sorted on my car before it bothered me enough and in comparison to yours mine definitely needs some work first :smiley:

It definitely is mate!

I know they're not to everyone's taste but I can't believe people actually took the free delete option (on £1050 worth of decals!)

I would have to have everything else fully sorted on my car before it bothered me enough and in comparison to yours mine definitely needs some work first :smiley:

I wasn't sure about the roof decal when we got ours, and Mrs M was definite she wanted to remove it. Now we both love the decals.

Agree that it was a silly thing to delete from the R27 though, it was one of the only things that made them "special"!!!

Ok, will do. It mostly depends on whether I ever decide to put it back to standard. In all honesty, it probably would need a respray too as it was pretty tatty when I bought it.

Ok, will do. It mostly depends on whether I ever decide to put it back to standard. In all honesty, it probably would need a respray too as it was pretty tatty when I bought it.

No worries mate. As you can see, any way to get them a bit cheaper is good!

Ours will probably never get changed.

Similar Thread Suggestions