R20 BTG - 200 Cup Track Car Blog

I noticed when I was doing the brake cooling that the dust boots on the SuperPro anti-rotation links were cracking and perishing. I'm replacing these before they split and lose the grease inside. I called up SuperPro (Octane Distribution Ltd) to enquire about spares.

View attachment 157081

They are £6+VAT each (!!!!!), plus a £5 delivery charge, which quite frankly is a piss take for a small rubber dust boot. So here are the dimensions if anyone else has the same problem and wants to source some universal ones that might do the same job:

11mm internal diameter top hole:

View attachment 157075

25mm diameter bottom hole:

View attachment 157076

30mm diameter at the widest point:

View attachment 157078

25mm height:

View attachment 157079

18mm top hat diameter:

View attachment 157080

If anyone finds some, do me a favour and buy a handful for me as well, as this seems to be a known problem and the original ones are shite, this is probably an annual service item now :censored:
+1 on this issue, removed a driveshaft last night and noticed the same thing after our 1 trip to cadwell.

IMG_6813.jpeg

Max turned around the calipers in super quick time and they arrived today.

The damaged bleed screw on the NSR has been removed, the hole re-threaded and a larger bleed screw fitted. At the same time Max was not happy with the brake line connection so that has been rethreaded and fitted with a new male to female connection:

IMG_4193.jpeg

The OSR has been rethreaded with a helicoil:

IMG_4192.jpeg

The damage seems to have occurred when whoever powder coated them originally didn’t mask off the threads, and then whoever fitted the brake lines has just chewed through the threads and thought ‘that’ll do’.

These have all now been pressure tested.

I also got a pair of new DS2500 pads for the rear so down I went to the unit only to drop them off really.

Paul had a ramp free and I couldn’t resist getting them sorted…

IMG_4194.jpegIMG_4196.jpeg

Discs are a bit scabby but that’s only because they’ve been sitting outside all week in monsoon conditions. Fresh fluid has been bled through and all is good.

The ARL dust boots seem to have changed a little with the top ring no longer fitting very well (the neck seems to have got a little narrower) so we’ve used a small zip tie instead. Be aware @EthanMenace if you replace yours.

IMG_4198.jpeg

Just the MOT to be sorted Monday, then I can collect and start turning thoughts towards the Nurburgring trip a week tomorrow.

Similar Thread Suggestions