quick question about spacer bolts

i would appreciate someones advice to stop me buying the wrong length bolts . i have a 2008 197, i have 17mm sparco wheel spacers but the 40mm bolts they came with do not have the 60 degree tapered/cone.its prob about 45 degree and so the bolts sit right inside the wheel bolt hole when tight . spoke to a mechanic today who said i really need that 60 taper/cone as renault specifies. mad on motors have the M14 x 1.5 , 60 degree tapered bolts that i need, but only in 50mm or 40mm, ideally doing the calculations 27mm +17mm, i would like 44/45mm long bolts but i cant source them.anyone know who does? or should i get the 40mm and be 4 mm short (could this be an issue with the 60degree taper making the bolts sit further out of the wheel hole than the ones sparco sent) or get the 50s and be 6mm too long, will these stick out the back of the hubs and cause problems?
thanks for your time, need to sort asap as i was informed my sparco bolts could potentially crack my alloys?
AJ

Both of those bolts would probably do the job but choosing between the two you'd be safer with the longer ones, the longer ones would just poke through the back the 4/5mm no problems, there's nothing for them to hit/stop them bottoming out.

Ta fella much appreciated didn't know whether if the bolts stuck out the back they would hit something, any ideas on how much they would need to stick out the back to be dangerous?

Similar Thread Suggestions