Quick Question about Car Alarm

Mardgee

Paid Member
I'm taking my 200 Cup on the ferry tomorrow and never thought about my alarm possibly going off as my old 197 didn't have one. Am I right in thinking if I disable the volumetric part of the alarm by doing the turning of the key 4 times and then locking the car that the alarm won't go off while I'm on the ferry?

Cheers for any answers as I don't want to have to be jumped in the ferry its a bit cramped!

I had unplugged my alarm due to it going off every 10 minutes at home. In the boot on the left hand side there is a compartment and the box for the alarm is located there if I remember correctly. I just unplugged the loom. Job done!

Not a simpler solution than taking the trim out the boot? I've found nothing goes back as it should in French cars!

I dont have the car anymore so cant really remember in more detail. Im sure its like a carpeted flap or something on the left had side near the arch

Is the alarm going off that big if a deal. I'm on ferries on a regular basis (N. Ireland to Scotland) and its not something I've ever thought about.

Its the flat battery at the other end that has me more concerned than the noise. Guess if it goes off I wont be the first or the last to let it happen. The joys of having nothing to do the day before a Ring trip things pop into your head!

Similar Thread Suggestions