Question for all you young uns

I have to get mine done every 3 years...runs out the end of this month!

The joys of being on insulin LOL

Having said that, the few points I've accrued over the years have always been removed FOC each time it's been renewed so it does have it's advantages.

I have to get mine done every 3 years...runs out the end of this month!

The joys of being on insulin LOL

Having said that, the few points I've accrued over the years have always been removed FOC each time it's been renewed so it does have it's advantages.

yea ive heard the pointe get taken off on alot of renewals haha

Do you have to pay £20 again if you move house????

No that's free it's only the renewal that charges, I think it's a good idea tbh. Stops stuff like people barrowing a license.

Renewal also gets rid of expired points, I had to renew mine in 2010 and my 6 points were removed

Do you have to pay £20 again if you move house????

If you move house roy they will make you have a new type of license.

They did with mine, but when sorting through my stuff after moving house i found an old paper license i thought i'd lost so i now have both.

They look at you funny on track days when you hand that over :smiley:

If you move house roy they will make you have a new type of license.

They did with mine, but when sorting through my stuff after moving house i found an old paper license i thought i'd lost so i now have both.

They look at you funny on track days when you hand that over :smiley:

I bet mine has more tape on it than anything else it's like some thing out of the arl lol

Bloody hell! Down here you have to renew it annually although if you've got a clean licence (no points over a few years - can't remember how many) you can get one for up to 5-years. It costs more to get a 5-year one although not as much as 5x 1-year licences would.

On a related (slightly) point - here if you exceed the speed limit by 30km/h (20mph) you lose your licence for 3 months minimum. What's the deal over your way?

There is a system here that if your caught speeding you generally get 3 points per offence. get 12 or more and your looking at a ban.

I remember reading a while back that they were going to bring in rules like below but can't seem to find anymore info on the net.

But if your doing over 45mph in a 30mph zone you'll get 6 points IIRC.

Something like 55mph in a 40mph and the same, 6 points.

Over 95mph on a motorway (70mph) and six points.

Bloody hell! Down here you have to renew it annually although if you've got a clean licence (no points over a few years - can't remember how many) you can get one for up to 5-years. It costs more to get a 5-year one although not as much as 5x 1-year licences would.

On a related (slightly) point - here if you exceed the speed limit by 30km/h (20mph) you lose your licence for 3 months minimum. What's the deal over your way?

My old style licence is valid from the day you pass your test till your dead lol
Do you have to sit driving tests and theory test???

My old style licence is valid from the day you pass your test till your dead lol
Do you have to sit driving tests and theory test???

No, although beyond a certain age you have to take a driving test I think.

Similar Thread Suggestions