Putting a retained reg on a new car

Maz

Platinum Member
Is this a long process?

Dealer said he has delayed sending away for the forms as he thought I was going to cancel :zomg:

I can't believe it tbh :swear:

Is this a long process?

Dealer said he has delayed sending away for the forms as he thought I was going to cancel :zomg:

I can't believe it tbh :swear:

Nice work by the dealers again!

Its not a long process as such, I assume its not attached to a car already, as this will make it a longer process.

The forms are readily available from any Post Office so don't let him blag you off.

There is also a charge, around £150 I think. Make the dealer pay this for being pathetic!

The dealer has had my retention certificate for over a month and is paying for the plate to go on the car as part of the registration of the new car.

We had our Cl10 plate bought a while before we got the car. Gave the certificte to the dealer and they did/paid everything with no problems.

They agreed to do that N0ddie but are now saying it will mean I can't collect on Monday because they held back off ordering the forms because he was covering his own back because he thought I was going to cancel ... after waiting since August 1st for my car...

They agreed to do that N0ddie but are now saying it will mean I can't collect on Monday because they held back off ordering the forms because he was covering his own back because he thought I was going to cancel ... after waiting since August 1st for my car...

That is pretty piss poor tbh. Obviously you cant do much but pester him into getting it done quicker. I'd be asking for some more freebies to.

Exactly what I thought but didnt know if I was maybe being a bit harsh, thanks for confirming my thinking.

I though the retention fee included the next registration fee? I put mine on my car down at the nearest DVLA office and it was really quick and easy. Having said that, I had only just got the plate, so it might be different to when it is on retention.

If its on retention, they do it at the same time as they register the car. There is no delay, there is no sending of forms off. Its done all at the time they register the brand new car. It doesnt get registered on a plate supplied by the DVLA, it gets registered on yours. Dealership need some serious educating. WTF have they sent the form anywhere for? They just take it to the local DVLA office with all the paperwork.

I ordered my car on the July 4th. Gave them the retention certificate the same day. My Gordini was in stock at the import centre. Once the car arrived on July 13th, it was registered 2 days later with the paperwork i provided. I collected it on July 15th.

I think it depends where you bought that plate from. It'll say on the certificate if the fees been paid, if not it's £80. If you're not too far from a dvla office your best off doing it over the counter and it's instant.

I thought it could be done over the counter, think he meant he had to get the forms sent to him to complete which he said takes about 3 days?? No idea.

Having to collect the car on a 60 plate as he is waiting for the forms from Renault ... not bothered I just want the car now..MONDAY hurry up !!!

It's an easy process

There shouldn't be any fee involved as I was under the impression that the retention fee included transfer to a new vehicle.

My car came with my plate on and there was no extra delay whilst waiting for this - it was done on the day at our local DVLA by Renault

Having to collect the car on a 60 plate as he is waiting for the forms from Renault ... not bothered I just want the car now..MONDAY hurry up !!!

What forms :thumb1:

Special delivery saturday - he will have the forms tomorrow(if these even exist)
Then dvla office on monday morning to reg the car on the new.

simples.bmp