Putting a retained reg on a new car

if they know about it in advance it takes minutes. AFRL which is used for registering a new car is really simple to you and the detail from the certificate are entered and bobs your uncle. Instantly registered with DVLA.

Considered they may have lost your certificate and are not tellin you? :swear:

our dealer suggested it was easier to put the 60 plate on and transfer after.

has to wait 3 weeks for dvla to send papers (they state owner ship docs sent and must have got lost):jumpon:

went to out dvla office, they said as we wanted to keep old plate we had to wait a week, if we wanted to lose the plate could do it instantly. :jumpon:

well its on now and hubby loves it:smile:

As many have said here above, if you've got the registration on retention already, or have simply bought one generally, then a new car can be registered from new with that registration.

The only bit which is hassle, and costs, is getting a reg' put on retention when It's on a car.

Given the dealer's attitude I'd say that I would cancel the car if it's not registered from new with your plate on it, then, I bet you get it done on Monday. Changing it later isn't easier at all, It's a load of extra messing about which wouldn't be needed if the dealer knew what he was doing.

exactly, need to wait on both registration docs coming to your house (2-3 weeks) then the quickest way is to go to your local DVLA office and have it done there, and only some can do it on the spot. You may have to post it away and await your new Reg doc and tax disk comin in the post.

Good good. I was really happy when I put mine on. I did mine the day I picked the car up though.

Its a great plate and not bad for the price but only good for a clio and if your called Maz lol the plate I have can be put on any car :wink: