Pulling to the left. . .

Have any of considered that your cars are simply closet communists?

On Masa's progress thread he had some washers made that keep the subframe perfectly aligned. It solved his 'pulling to the left' issue. I can't believe someone with the manufacturing capability hasn't started making them as it's far from being an isolated incident.

I looked into it when working in the machine shop here at work...BUT...the initial outlay is huge to buy a kit to "copy"

With that in mind, i also didnt want to be taking subframes off my car on the drive to try and measure holes up, put back together, make, take apart, fit, find they didnt fit...etc etc.

Need somebody with a ramp, and a lathe, so prototypes can be made and fitted as you go along.

I shall have a word with a mate however....if i can get prototypes to go in the front subframe, i can get them made in the masses.

Last edited:
I've got ramps/lathe at work.

If someone gives me more of an idea of the job I'll have a look and see if I can get a few produced.

I had 4 new tyres put on the other week and mine seems to be pulling to the left quite noticeably now aswell! Have to hold the steering wheel down to the right to go in a straight line. Will probably go and get the tracking and hopefully that fixes it!!

I had 4 new tyres put on the other week and mine seems to be pulling to the left quite noticeably now aswell! Have to hold the steering wheel down to the right to go in a straight line. Will probably go and get the tracking and hopefully that fixes it!!

Did they balance the wheels after fitting?if the wieghts fall of or not put on when balanced think it would pull of line.

Wheel weights won't make the car pull, it'll just make it feel like you're driving on rubbles.

Wheel weights won't make the car pull, it'll just make it feel like you're driving on rubbles.

Yeah mine felt like that after I power washed my wheels and the right weights fell of but it pulled to the left to maybe down to the camber of the road,once I got back and seen the weights on the drive and stuck them back on all was good.

Last edited:
Did they balance the wheels after fitting?if the wieghts fall of or not put on when balanced think it would pull of line.

Yeah mate, said on the receipt I got that they were balanced. All weights still there aswell. Just a bit strange...it seems pretty bad to me.

Seems to be a pretty common occurrence and no definitive solution haha

after buying my Clio 197 over a week ago now ive got the same problem, had it put on a 4 wheel alignment system and it came up all green and straight so this thread has now giving me a few things to look into. I will try and get some pictures up if i can pin point the problem, which seems to be sub frame alignment, should be able to get my car back on the ramp tomorrow so will update what i come up with soon as so can shed some more light on this issue for you guys.

I had mine sorted yesterday. I had to loosen up the subframe in order to fit longer steering rack bolts so when my mechanic put everything back together he made sure he aligned the subframe properly. Problem now gone. Credit to cooper666 from here who was the first to suggest that.

Where are the bolts for the subframe? Mine gets aligned on Wednesday, garage will sort the subframe but if I can have any shields or guards off before I go it keeps the price down. Cheers

I will report my findings