Pulling to the left. . .

Guys,

Been trying to resolve an issue with my 197 pulling to the left constantly.

Before the new year I had both balljoints replaced and two new front tyres.(got it tracked after fitting etc.)

However it never seemed right; I got the rear brakes (pads & discs changed) as they were worn.

This is a bad pull; I mean as soon as you let go of the steering wheel. It's off to the left into the curb.

Visited a garage with laser tracking yesterday and it wasn't even out :001_huh:

I don't understand what is causing it. Tyres pressure are fine; checked before was tracked.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mine feels as if it's wandering with the camber too, I'll need to check my front brakes but I think mine is beyond normal aswel and beyond a binding brake.

Mines been doing this recently, I've also had the bottom ball joints replaced too.

Very irritating

I had this too! I put the gauges on a few times but all was correct, even tried to compensate for it in the tracking but no joy.
However after having the sub frame off and back on it seems to have gone!
Does not make any sense to me as the tracking system I use is for 4 wheels so should have all been straight to the rear I suppose the front is the driving axel so it would effect it more?
Just thought I would share the experience

mine too! very annoying. i've had mine tracked twice, replaced the non cup with cup suspension (something i wanted to do anyway) and checking everything as i went, couldn't notice any worn bushes.
it went in for service last month and i asked them to look into it. all they said was that the ball joints had play in them and that was the cause. strange that other posters have had theirs changed and its still the same.
not sure where to go next with this!

EVO mag i think it was reported this issue, and found the only way to rectify was indeed dropping the subframe and realigning.

well i got told its on dowels so i havent a clue how it fixes things tbh

however

mine didnt do it before the gearbox change........

There's a supplier of some collars that fit into the hole and remove the excess movement. There's a guy in Japan on the site somewhere, it's in his thread. They aren't cheap though.

Vauge post I know, but someone else will have read it.

Have any of considered that your cars are simply closet communists?

On Masa's progress thread he had some washers made that keep the subframe perfectly aligned. It solved his 'pulling to the left' issue. I can't believe someone with the manufacturing capability hasn't started making them as it's far from being an isolated incident.