Pulling to left quite badly...

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and I know this question has been asked before as I have tried the search function, and probably read every thread about this issue. However I don't seem to be able to find a fix to my issue. I'm a BMW main dealer master technician so I know my way around the spanners but this has stumped me.

I have an RS 200 Cup and have severe pulling to the left, it is mainly on deceleration, when all the weight transfers onto the front axle, not so much under braking but under normal overrun. It's not just following the camber as I know what this feels like as most of our BMWs do this.

I have tried swapping wheels front to back and checked all tyre pressures. I have done two full wheel alignments on the car with it not showing any issues. I have dropped the front subframe and re-aligned it to best of my ability and following spec measurements from Renault. Checked all the suspension bushes and joints with no play at all.

The he car has been lowered on H&R springs but wouldn't have thought this would cause the pulling I'm getting. if I let go of the steering wheel I would be in the kerb within a few car lengths.

Im sorry to drag up this issue again if people are sick of it, but any help or advice would be gal tastefully accepted. Has anybody found a solution to this, or anybody found any problems before which may be affecting mine too?

Thanks so much for any help.

Lee :thumbup:

have you tried playing with the front toe setting within Renaults recommendations...

ie taken off any toe out?

Could be left pad stuck to disc?

Would explain why you have it more on deceleration, and not on braking as the other side would counteract it.

have you tried playing with the front toe setting within Renaults recommendations...

ie taken off any toe out?

I thought about toeing the n/s in a bit to try and counter it but didn't want to just hide the problem, ideally I would like to fix it. Iv only had the car a month and love it, but just need to find out what this is!

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, hopefully we can nail it

What happened with yours then mate, if you don't mind me asking, did you manage to fix it?

I assume when my gearbox was out for new clutch and slave cylinder they had the wishbone off and hadn't got it quite tight enough. It was the the horizontal bush at the front that had a small bit of movement. Worth checking that it is FT when you have it on a ramp. It was not obviously lose.

Has anybody heard of engine mounts causing pulling to left when lifting off power? Can feel a small amount of movement through the gearstick when pulling off and letting off the throttle? Just a thought as read on here about somebody replacing their torque mount to cure this pulling issue?

I'm going to sub to this thread, extremely similar symptoms - not lowered but funnily enough fitting some H&R's this weekend

I had the same problem, violently pulling to the left? On purchase from a reputable garage, I paid a premium for piece of mind, and a deal breaker was for this issue to be resolved. They paid for the tracking - this reduced it about 80% although it still has a slight pull.

This however I am led to believe is just a 'thing' (the girlfriends next door neighbour has an identical RS200 Full Fat , same year). He too has the left pull. I think he is investing in Hunter alignment so I'll see how he gets on and feedback if it's a cure.

Hope you get it sorted mate.

Has anybody heard of engine mounts causing pulling to left when lifting off power? Can feel a small amount of movement through the gearstick when pulling off and letting off the throttle? Just a thought as read on here about somebody replacing their torque mount to cure this pulling issue?

was someone on this forum that posted about that very thing - have a look in the posts about uprated engine mounts - sure its in there!

Just to give an update to this...

I work at a BMW main dealer and have now done a full laser alignment on the car FOUR times and still have the pull to the left. I have dropped the n/s track rod end off to check movement of the swivel hub and also checked for any play in the n/s steering arm in the rack. All this has checked out fine as far as I can see.

I am coming to point where I feel I am being beaten by this! I have been told so many different things by different people, and some say it can be play in the rack, and some say it can be the ball joints, even though you can't feel any play in them.

I have read nearly all the threads on here regarding this but they never end with a solution! Lol.

Im on track this week at Cadwell Park so will see how it feels and then maybe try sorting this again after that. I anybody is reading this and can help, or give any advice then please, please help me out.

I have tried to contact Fred at BTM to see if he has any advice, but he has not got back to me, if anybody knows him and can have a word, I would be very grateful.

Thanks