Pulled by the police! :(

ok, just called starthclyde road police in Govan (Glasgow)

There is a road standard requirement which is 55 Watt nothing above

55 Watt = 6000k H7s

The alinement MUST be correct aswell

Can i have my 2 pence worth here. Its come to my attention after reading this thread that people dont understand the law. Its nothing to do with the colour temperature of the lights. Its the light intensity (lux) if an officer deems anything unsuitable for the road he has a right to " pull you up" and ask for it to be changed. Reason xenon lights have beam levellers is because speed bumps, bridges, brows of hills need an even lower setting than standard. Projector or reflector you still dazzle oncoming drivers.

U dont gain any brightness from these kits as science proves a yellower light is more intense than blue.

I take it you just got a £30 otsf and a telling off? They do have lux meters available if u wanted proof tbh thgh its not enforced as much as it shud be

Can i have my 2 pence worth here. Its come to my attention after reading this thread that people dont understand the law. Its nothing to do with the colour temperature of the lights. Its the light intensity (lux) if an officer deems anything unsuitable for the road he has a right to " pull you up" and ask for it to be changed. Reason xenon lights have beam levellers is because speed bumps, bridges, brows of hills need an even lower setting than standard. Projector or reflector you still dazzle oncoming drivers.

U dont gain any brightness from these kits as science proves a yellower light is more intense than blue.

I take it you just got a £30 otsf and a telling off? They do have lux meters available if u wanted proof tbh thgh its not enforced as much as it shud be

Interesting, I've always thought the lights on my standard cup headlights are better than the xenons on my old 197 !

I thought the xenons on my old 197 were pants tbh they weren't a patch on the xenons on our M5

There is so much wrong information in this thread!

There is no law on what colour temperature you're allowed. However there is a law that says you can only have white lights on the front of your car, so blue/purple bulbs could be classed as illegal.

HIDs in a reflector headlamp will have a very poor beam pattern which will probably fail an MOT, but if it does pass (possible) it could still be classed as dangerous due to the intensity of the scattered light.

The laws on HIDs say they must be fitted with auto-leveling and headlight washers, if fitted in the factory. At the moment there is no law specifying these requirements on an aftermarket kit.

So basically, if you have a HID kit make sure they're a sensible colour (I would suggest no more than 6000k), in projector headlights and properly alligned.

wel i read it sum where u can go up2 8000k wit factory fitted xenon 6000k wit after market cus of beam pattern.

Whats wrong with the standard lights???

Save's faffing around and all this confusion, there's seems to be alot on this thread!!!! :bumpit:

So who will be the first to tell me to f**k off then!!!!! :tongueout:

wel i read it sum where u can go up2 8000k wit factory fitted xenon 6000k wit after market cus of beam pattern.

The colour of the light has no affect on the beam pattern. It's the shape of the bulb and headlamp that affect the beam pattern

Save's faffing around and all this confusion, there's seems to be alot on this thread!!!! :bumpit:

I agree, nothing wrong with the standard ones IMHO. :w00t:

f**k off then
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
you said to:biggrin:

Standard ones are really good! Projectors look so much better on the 197 and might as well put xenons in at the same time :w00t:

there is 1 saying u will never get away from this

"we have reason to suspect" blah blah blah

Similar Thread Suggestions