Project ... Liquid Yellow 200

Beginning of July I sold my 197 and bought a written off LY. It had been bought as a project but the guy had run out of funds ... it was road worthy and mechanically it was fine so I thought I'd take up the challenge and try and finish it off. At first I thought it would be quite a simple fix and most of it has been. Bought quite alot of parts from wreckers but had to go to Renault for some bits. So far I've ...

- replaced cruise control switch
- 2 new tyres on the front
- refurbed all 4 wheels
- 2 new rear windows
- toolkit
- bonet carpet
- window rubbers
- door sill trim
- rear brake discs and pads (Renault ... ouch!)
- door handle and wiring loom (Renault ... ouch!)
- compete drivers side re-spray
- sprayed dash strips Liquid Yellow

The re-spray was fairly pain free and the guys who did had two attempts and they've done a brilliant job. There's a slight colour change in certain light. I'm happy with it and that's all that matters. They took off all the sills etc. and the bodywork was in pretty good condition.

Only thing I've got to do now is replace the passenger window and the rear windscreen. Bought both parts already just waiting for time off work to sort. Oh and yes, one other thing to sort ... airbag computer! Have bought a new one but not had it fitted yet.

Pretty pleased with what I've done so far.

Once it's completed I'm gonna do some work on egine and exhaust.

95fe7276.jpg
39bceb5a.jpg
360cc301.jpg
dd3b542d.jpg
4c58dce5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll also see that I've added a few gloss black touches ... Renault badges on the sides, bonnet and boot and the arch vents.

And any tips how to load up pictures would be welcome. Thought I'd done it right but can only see links. Does anyone know how to add pictures using a Mac??

Looks good.

You can either click on the 'insert image' icon above, looks like an envolope or put
after your links.

39bceb5a.gif

Looks like you've copied the wrong part from photobucket.

You need the part with the

looking great Phil

i'll have to come down with Glyn sometime soon , test out all that work on some of those twisty local roads !:smiley:

Looks awesome mate, I'll have to pop over and see it sometime.

You list a "Bonnet Carpet" in your list. What's that? I only presume it's the sound proofing that I've seen on some 197'a.d. The 200's didn't come with them.

Yep ... sound proofing! Had it on the 197, thought it looked scruffy without so got one from the wreckers.

Thought every Clio had it?? Cost cutting or weight saving??

Gloss black bits are on my list too...but the idea of all the keyless wiring on the handles scares me when it comes to taking them off!

The door handles are easy to sort - on my 197 I also had them sprayed black to match the car and it cost me £60 for both sides. Find a friendly bodyshop, cash in hand etc. and sure they'll sort it! I can recommend a good one but it's in Barnsley!