Problem after Problem! :(

that's more like it!

surprised that didn't make some sort of noise chewing the bell housing....

I know i'm quite surprised that there was no noise - after seeing the damage its caused :/

Just trying to find someone who can weld it up now - so if anyone in the West Mids knows of anyone i'm all ears!

I can relate to this, in the first year of owning my Clio id knocked up £6000 ish in service, MOT and repairs. Each repair costing over £1000 as it was a big problem (steering column / computer...exhaust manifold...the list goes on).

Since owning my Renaultsport, ive come to the conclusion ill never EVER own one again, they are built like sh*t. At the moment im on a bit of a roll however...its been 3 months since my last trip to the garage....but ive got the next service next month (joy).

My mind was made up after the first year. In 2 years when the loans paid off, ill end up paying someone to take the car off my hands if i have to, i hate it with a passion. infact i'll be up an hour early tomorrow morning so i can hate it some more.

I've learned...DONT BUY RENAULT full stop.

I can relate to this, in the first year of owning my Clio id knocked up £6000 ish in service, MOT and repairs. Each repair costing over £1000 as it was a big problem (steering column / computer...exhaust manifold...the list goes on).

Since owning my Renaultsport, ive come to the conclusion ill never EVER own one again, they are built like sh*t. At the moment im on a bit of a roll however...its been 3 months since my last trip to the garage....but ive got the next service next month (joy).

My mind was made up after the first year. In 2 years when the loans paid off, ill end up paying someone to take the car off my hands if i have to, i hate it with a passion. infact i'll be up an hour early tomorrow morning so i can hate it some more.

so youve come to that conculsion because youve brought a bad one, im on my third renaultsport, my sister mom and dad and few renaults not had one problem with any.

Im getting somewhere with a welder so hopefully it will be sorted soon!

See Ross even after all these problems I still absolutely love the car, I can't wait to get it back - it puts a smile on my face all day long!

you can quite easily have just as bad with other cars...theres some out there that have a fantastic reputation but are in truth riddled with faults...

I wish i shared your enthusiasm (@ all of you) :worried:.

How did you find Renaults customer service when you were on with them by the way? I might aswell have my own desk there now :smile:.

I've still got a dead air-con condenser to pay for when (or if) i ever decide to have it fixed (roughly £400 odd if im not wrong?) which to be fair is a bloody poor design in my eyes having it right at the front of the car with no shield.

And yeah service next month which lets face it, won't be a quick and easy one to do as it never is with my horrid car.

You just have to keep on at RUK - I emailed and called daily and in the end the Senior Manager returned my call - same at teh garage I skipped the front desk and went straight to the Service Manager and he was far more helpful!

Update on the gearbox front - The box is currently on its way to an Ally Welder...£35 and it will be done today! :smiley:

I wish i shared your enthusiasm (@ all of you) :worried:.

How did you find Renaults customer service when you were on with them by the way? I might aswell have my own desk there now :smile:.

I've still got a dead air-con condenser to pay for when (or if) i ever decide to have it fixed (roughly £400 odd if im not wrong?) which to be fair is a bloody poor design in my eyes having it right at the front of the car with no shield.

And yeah service next month which lets face it, won't be a quick and easy one to do as it never is with my horrid car.

majority of cars have air-con condensers at the front...

as for the cost that's a bit high!

Can't comment on Renault reliability. I had a corsa arctic VXR before the 200, only had it for a month when the headgasket went, so took it back and demanded money back (luckily got it). Had the 200 for about 8 months now with only the aux belt needing changing, it has only done 26k though...

You just have to keep on at RUK - I emailed and called daily and in the end the Senior Manager returned my call - same at teh garage I skipped the front desk and went straight to the Service Manager and he was far more helpful!

Update on the gearbox front - The box is currently on its way to an Ally Welder...£35 and it will be done today! :smiley:

are the other damaged areas being welded as well?

He said he is going to patch it all up as best he can, after seeing some of his work I have no doubt he wwill sort it for me :smile:

Great ending to a horror story!
Hope you don't end up selling. I love my RS and can't see myself changing brands...