Pre Cat Delete! Pros and Cons, is it worth it???

My engine is soon to be coming out, so would be a good time to replace the manifold to a decat version if I was ever going to do it.

From a bit of research I would need the thing itself (£230) plus a dog bone mount (£120), fitting should be free as a manifold would need fitting in the current costs.

In terms of is it worth it, will I see any benefit in doing so, my exhaust is loud as it is, so I am not after any more noise, just performance really.

When the engine is in, it will be fully serviced and have a nice set of cat cams plus mapping, will the £350 expense be worth it or should I just stick with the existing manifold, and current decat pipe.

Other mods are

Ktec decat
Ktec cat back
ITG maxogen

Cheers

Fit the Toyosports manifold rather than just chopping the oem manifold.
Toyosports has bigger ports which match the exhaust ports in the head, plus its better quality than the oem manifold.

but other than noise is there much point? They sound good but my car pops and so on already just with the first cat, if the ports on the toyo can release some restriction then great.

No but its very noticeable, about 2mm from memory.
I checked them both against the manifold gasket, the ports on the Toyo where the same size as the gasket openings, the oem manifold ports were substantially smaller than the gasket openings. The gasket was the same size as the ports in the head.
Also the primary pipes are less restrictive on the Toyo.

Look at my project thread mate it has comparison pictures the original mani is horribly restrictive

I saw that before and went to see and take some pics of my manifold on the car and it seems that mine are not that restrictive.
Will post pics later.

Look at my project thread mate it has comparison pictures the original mani is horribly restrictive

Comparison:

And i can't believe the bottle neck they put in the standard manifold [sorry for the crap pic]
8602829493_b8d3f4b224_b.jpg
IMG_0224 by cooperr27, on Flickr

My manifold doesn't seem that restrictive. I wish it was more like your so there could be some improvement with the Toyasports manifold.

Last edited:
Where can I buy one of these and does the engine HAVE to come out to do it or can it be done another way? That is absolutely shocking.

I've heard the TS manifold hits the subframe on hard engine load, is this true? Interested in getting one if it fits well and runs without any issues as my standard is blowing.

new engine mounts and a generous touch with a flapper wheel will sort it , well thats what I'm hoping im fitting to my 200 when it comes back from renault :thumbsup:

was worried about that as i've heard the harder mounts are a pain. only just replaced my bottom one which is probs whats caused the flexi to blow.

Then you will more than likely be alrite with the toyosports manifold and just a good helping with a grinder on the subframe , which wont effect the strength of the subframe either