Pre-Cat Delete Pipe

Anyone got one of these with a standard Exhaust?

Any videos? Tried looking for one on YouTube but only one that come up is one with a Militek aswell.

Just interested on how the car would sound with one on.

Cheers.

Why would you not just decat the 2nd cat? Cheaper, easier to fit and keeps the emissions light off. This is all before you mention the dreaded precat flatspot, unbearable.

Why would you not just decat the 2nd cat? Cheaper, easier to fit and keeps the emissions light off. This is all before you mention the dreaded precat flatspot, unbearable.

Just seen it on KTEC and just was interested if anyone had one.

Just thinking of cheaper alternatives untill I can get a CatBack system.

Removing the 2nd cat would be substantially cheaper than the pre cat which requires removal of manifold ( therefore subframe ) and welding into place making it permanent.

i've removed both cats and like ben says it would be far far easier to remove the second cat,

to remove the secondary cat :-

£65 for decat pipe
and £30 to £60 to fit depending on where you go

you will get a flat spot but you can live with it until you remap

to remove the precat your looking at :-

£150 for the Y pipe
£150 to fit
and on average £300 to remap (defo needed)

my map only needed tweaking so got away with just an hours mapping labour,worth it for the sound though,pops and cracks load on every gear change,

been meaning to do a vid but not got round to it yet

Removing the 2nd cat would be substantially cheaper than the pre cat which requires removal of manifold ( therefore subframe ) and welding into place making it permanent.

Does the subframe have to come off or can just be lowered?

I've got a custom made cat back system and realised tonight that it has no middle silencer, just a straight pipe to the 2 split back boxes. I'm surprised because it isn't that loud, it sounds nice but I'm after some pops, bangs, and crackles, so could I get that from de-catting the second cat? Or would I need to do the pre-cat?

Also if I de-catted the second cat would I get an emissions light or is that only associated with de-catting the pre cat?

I've got a custom made cat back system and realised tonight that it has no middle silencer, just a straight pipe to the 2 split back boxes. I'm surprised because it isn't that loud, it sounds nice but I'm after some pops, bangs, and crackles, so could I get that from de-catting the second cat? Or would I need to do the pre-cat?

Also if I de-catted the second cat would I get an emissions light or is that only associated with de-catting the pre cat?

Taking the main Cat off shouldn't bring up any emissions lights (Ours didn't). We still have the Pre-Cat which if you remove, a remap is highly recommended as the car can run very lean.

you'll get a few pops and cracks from removing the second cat but nothing to write home about,removing the precat is a different story,pops and cracks on every gear change and pretty load to,as NOddie said though you will defo need a remap as the car won't run right at all,a plus point after mapping is that the emmisions lights will be mapped off so they will never come back on

Cheers guys, that's interesting. I have a custom made cat back system which doesn't have a middle silencer, it's just a straight pipe leading to 2 silencers for each tail pipe. It sounds nice, not too loud but noticable it has a system fitted, so I'm just wondering if it would pop and crackle if I removed the main cat considering I don't have a middle silencer?

If I did remove the pre-cat (which I know is more of a job) then I'm not sure what I'd have to do in terms of remap cos my car has a superchips map on it at the mo, so I'm guessing that can't be tweaked as its a generic map?