Pre cat delete/sports cat question

Johnny 99

Winner - POTM October 2018
Platinum Member
Hi,

I'm considering fitting a sports cat along with pre cat delete. Has anyone done this & did you have any problems with emissions come MOT time.

Thanks in advance,

John

If it's any help, I'm running a K-Tec 200-cell sports cat with my Megane engine conversion, and the garage checked the emissions before I collected the car and it passed no problem.

One on ebay - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-S...921471?hash=item4d4e68043f:g:~9oAAOSwpLNX9XJl
Does that mean that you have no pre cat in the manifold? Reason I am asking is I have exhaust with sports cat on order & am considering getting a k-tek manifold too, which has no pre cat.

Does that mean that you have no pre cat in the manifold? Reason I am asking is I have exhaust with sports cat on order & am considering getting a k-tek manifold too, which has no pre cat.

The Megane has the cat in the manifold which I replaced with a decat pipe, not sure if it has another like the Clio does. I only have the sports cat, and the emissions were fine, no emissions light either.

Reactions: Johnny 99
The Megane has the cat in the manifold which I replaced with a decat pipe, not sure if it has another like the Clio does. I only have the sports cat, and the emissions were fine, no emissions light either.
Cheers bud

Does this mean a re-map? Can the ECU handle the difference in flow through the engine? Any risk of it running too rich?