KTR Manifold Pre Cat Delete Pipe, Do I need remap?

Hi,

I;m thinking about installing KTR Manifold Pre Cat Delete Pipe.
Do I need remap after this? Or I can drive without problems without remap?

I would say it will be driveable, but you will have massive flatspot a remap will help but it wont cure the flatspot. My opinion waste of money.

I've had one fitted recently, and as said above you do get a pretty bad flat spot but it's not un drivable. I got ktec to map mine and it got rid of about 95% of the flat spot, but you can notice it from time to time.

It's definitely not a waste of money though, you can notice an improvement in performance and it makes a great noise. :smiley:

Not for me. Cars bad enough with a decat. I had a straight through pipe on the exhaust and it was shocking. Can't imagine what it would be like without pre-cat....!!!!!!

Guys, Car will be not a daily car, but only Track Day car, so when there is flat spot?
Maybe on the track I will not notice it?

I have both cats removed, and the car remapped. There's a flatspot 2000-3000rpm (only when you suddenly give 100% throttle), however you can drive every day without any problems. It takes a little time to get used to it...but, the sound....uh...it's great!

on a track i would say you wouldnt notice it as its only in the 2-3k rev mark?

No way.

I have both cats removed, and the car remapped. There's a flatspot 2000-3000rpm (only when you suddenly give 100% throttle), however you can drive every day without any problems. It takes a little time to get used to it...but, the sound....uh...it's great!

No way.

Wich manifold decat did you get? Ktech or supersprint?
Worth it removing the 2 cat and remap?

I'm planning to do the same minus keeping stock exhaust.

Thanks

why remove a restriction from the exhaust and increase the flow AND NOT remap to take advantage.....:bounce:

why remove a restriction from the exhaust and increase the flow AND NOT remap to take advantage.....:bounce:

I'm not asking if I should or not reflash...
Is it worth the investment? I know N/A don't get much power increase.
Trying to see if I can get more low rev power.

If not I rather leave the manifold cat, and flash it.

I'm sure it was Henderson that was told the Pre-cat delete pipe was causing his engine to run dangerously lean. Was advised to change his plugs and then get it remapped IIRC.

I'm sure it was Henderson that was told the Pre-cat delete pipe was causing his engine to run dangerously lean. Was advised to change his plugs and then get it remapped IIRC.

yep my car ran seriously lean after fitting the Y pipe,the mapper couldn't believe how badly it had made the car run,defo needs a remap straight away in my opinion after fitting this mod,i was adviced to change the plugs after the remap as they could well of been damaged causing a misfire in the future

yep my car ran seriously lean after fitting the Y pipe,the mapper couldn't believe how badly it had made the car run,defo needs a remap straight away in my opinion after fitting this mod,i was adviced to change the plugs after the remap as they could well of been damaged causing a misfire in the future

so how do you find it now, alot better than with the pre cat on?

so how do you find it now, alot better than with the pre cat on?

every clio seems to be so different but on mine it gave me a lot more mid range torque,very noticeable,next to nothing on peak power though but bangs on every gear change without fail,foof!

like i said i've gained next to nothing peak power through fully decatting and its been mapped by the best in the business,all mods need to be mapped to suit with these cars and that is very evident with the y pipe