Possibly Heading For This Warm Hatch

New Suzuki Swift Sport

Pricing, running costs, insurance etc. are perfect for me due to maybe doing less than 5-6k miles a year.

Don't think any other car comes close, was swayed slightly to the Astra GTC 1.4 (140 bhp) but recon the depreciation would take a big hack

You could try a Twingo... but tbh I'd choose the Swift too. It's so well specced as standard and looks really nice, a bit 'sporty' but not so garish as the Renaults.

Yeah that kinda twisted my arm the standard spec on them.

May have to look into what kind of gains (probably minimal) I can get from one of these.

I Really like the swift.

Look very nice imo and get a good write up from what i've read.

They're pretty nippy too, I had a "comparison" with one recently on a dual carriageway with a LOT of roundabouts and I have to say I was expecting to walk all over him, he did a surprisingly good job of keeping up.

would rather have a swift over the twingo not only spec wsie but it has its instruments where there supposed to be :w00t:

:lol: ^^ the speedo is hard enough to see in the Twingo when your a dwarf like me, sod being 6' and trying to tell what speed your at!

They're pretty nippy too, I had a "comparison" with one recently on a dual carriageway with a LOT of roundabouts and I have to say I was expecting to walk all over him, he did a surprisingly good job of keeping up.

Taxi! :foxspeed:

:tongue_smilie:

:smiley:

They are 134bhp and 1045kg so the power to weight isn't too bad tbh. I have driven in convoy with Twingo 133s and they are also surprisingly brisk.

To be honest id rather walk or crawl or even be dragged along with a rope than drive a Renault again so yeh, vote swift!

:smiley:

They are 134bhp and 1045kg so the power to weight isn't too bad tbh. I have driven in convoy with Twingo 133s and they are also surprisingly brisk.

Pride restored :smiley:. Tbh the twingos are a capable little motor, I was on a RS track day a few years back with one on track day rubber and it was giving a lot of people hassle lol.

To be honest id rather walk or crawl or even be dragged along with a rope than drive a Renault again so yeh, vote swift!

How about I drag the rope with my Renault? :wink: :bat: :smiley:

Really like the Swifts. I looked at getting one before I saved up and bought the Clio. I never actually test drove one though.

They're a good little car. Just look at all the rentals at the nurburgring. I've seen a video of one doing a 8min30sec lap around the ring (with a few mods ((no change in power though)))!

I'd probably go for a twingo. It seemed a lot better drive than the Suzuki I test drove hence why I bought the twingo instead. The twingo's are really surprising for what they are. Might just be biased though because I had one.