Popping exhaust

Hi guys,

I'm planning on buying an Akra Evo system for my 200 in the near future and i was wondering if it would be possible to combine this:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQY4pV74ghke_jMMEDKNXmUHYI0Y1-YthyG1BwY0QNFywH8hbWCGnAHn0-CPw.jpg

with the EVO system in order to get more pops, i know the EVO system does pop but nothing compared to the Remus system i had on my Corsa...

Or am i being really stupid and the Akra already comes with a pre-cat delete pipe haha?

Akra doesn't come with a cat delete for the manifold.

I have a full system with the second cat removed but still have the manifold cat in place and does pop a fair amount. Nothing like the Remus on the corsa though I'm afraid :worried:

Pointless mate, heard nothing but bad things about that on here. The akra system on its own is awesome, better power down low and think this would kill it. Up to you though if its just noise your after.

ahh that's ok then ideally i would like power and noise but that isn't going to happen will just stick with the EVO system :wink:

Ricky, did you opt for a system without the second cat or was it removed after the new exhaust was fitted?

Will still feel a little better what I've heard and the clios sound great. :smiley:

I couldn't afford the akro exhaust :worried: mines a miltek which was cat back but i bought the decat pipe a few months later :smile: definitely get the evo system as with the decat you get pops :smile:

The Clio will spit flames just with an Akro Evo?

Really?

As many have said the system alone is great for pops and bangs on upshift

however i have a spare link pipe for my Akro that i may get the resonator box taken out for a bit more rasp

Custom Akro :smile:

Well mine does with a miltek so don't see why not. not flames like clio cup cars but still a visable flash :smile:

Hmm I was tempted to do the same but think it will sound rubbish when you let off and will resonate far too much.

you could get flames with pre cat and decat on the Corsa so i guess it's possible with the clio :wink: nothing huge though and only visable at night :worried:

Yeah really. Gonna get someone to drive it and going to try and capture it for myself :wink:

Yeah only visible at night I reckon and only from the right side.

Richy - I got the Miltek without the decat. Does it flame when your driving hard or do have to sit there redlining the ******* and lifting off repeatedly for five minutes to get one tiny flame?

Im gonna try another time haha. I was driving it hard constantly for about 10/15minutes after it had a good time to warm up and was getting serious abuse every gearchange was on the beep :smile:

a 1.6 Turbocharged car with behave differently to a 2.0 N/A car

just because they both have main cat removed doesnt mean you get flames from both

i remember my remus downpipe and rear silencer on my VXR......i thought it sounded good.......then i got the non res mid section and decat pipe. fook me! LOUD!!!

a 1.6 Turbocharged car with behave differently to a 2.0 N/A car

just because they both have main cat removed doesnt mean you get flames from both

i remember my remus downpipe and rear silencer on my VXR......i thought it sounded good.......then i got the non res mid section and decat pipe. fook me! LOUD!!!

The turbo is much more likely to pop and flame than the n/a I know. :thumbdown:

I remember going out in a remus astra vxr and that was loud and would pop on every gear change no matter how its driven haha.

Richy flicking the ignition on and off at the limiter doesn't count :tongueout:

haha you caught me :wink: