Poor accident repair. Advice wanted

That ****ing orange peel/colour match is disgusting! I'd be asked for it to be sent to a proper bodyshop of your choice to be fixed and your insurance to give the bill to the original firm. I wouldn't be happy for them to do it again.

*Update* Just got back from the repair centre, spoke to a guy there who seemed like he was in charge.. Explained the situation and got him to come out and have a look, he did agree that there was a "slight" colour difference however he then proceeded to move round the rest of the plastics on the car saying he could see a slight difference in them too compared to the main bodywork.

That being said he was a really nice guy and said he could appreciate why it might could bother me, then said they do give a 5 year guarantee on all paintwork and seen as i'm not happy he has told me to bring it in during the week to see one of the "professionals" who does the spraying to have a look and see if they think they could improve the work.
He gave me two scenarios
1: The spray technician will agree that the work could be improved and do it again until i'm happy
2: The spray technician will say there could be no improvements and fully explain the reasons for the colour difference due to the plastics etc (Fob me off basically)

So i've come away not really knowing the outcome, one minute he seemed like he was just fobbing me off.. the next he seemed really understanding and seemed to be getting somewhere. The next step is going back through next week and seeing the technician, however I feel as if he might just fob me off and give me the whole "the plastics are always going to be different" speech.

Any help/tips going forward would be appreciated. Thanks Everyone!!

If they try that, ask them why the plastic front bumper and wings are a better colour match than the rear bumper they have replaced.

You'll find that the correct paintcode for your car should have been used, but then a tint can be applied to the paintwork to tone it down especially if the colour could have potentially faded or ages due to exposure to UV from the sun etc.

I'd point out the orange peel finish to them aswell, as thats poor workmanship.

It's quite clear from your photos that the colour match is pathetic. Don't back down on this, they always eventually give in to shut you up

I'd say that the technician will likely try option 2 to begin, simply because this is the easiest and cheapest option for them. However as they give a 5 year guarantee then surely they have to honour that and do what they can to rectify it. Agreed, don't back down until you're satisfied. I think you're in a reasonably good position.

If they do say to you about the plastics etc I would say that's is total rubbish! I would be saying all the other plastics look ok. I could go out to my car right now and have a look round the whole car and the paint all matches! Plastics or not! They should def do something about this if they say they give a 5 year guarantee.

I had my front bumper completely sanded back and re spayed due to stone chips, a professional does it right. Also had my mirrors painted

19375686303_5d2d10ca81_k.jpg
[/URL]Untitled by Chris McMahon, on Flickr[/IMG]

I had my front bumper resprayed after an incident that meant I needed my bumper replacing. There was little to no difference in how it looked compared go he rest of the car.

5HucvJV.png
i1745qa.png

They even removed lacquer marring off the bonnet from bird poo.

Thanks everyone, i'm going back through to see them tomorrow so hopefully this will get sorted. Will keep you updated!

If you've bought from a dealer originally then stuff isn't right they are helpful to put right. Spoke to them myself.
One of the lads on here put me onto it, however I bought from an independent garage. That being said the lady there was very helpful and put me onto other places. Had I bought from a Renault garage they would have helped me out.

Last edited:
If you've bought from a dealer originally then stuff isn't right they are helpful to put right. Spoke to them myself.
One of the lads on here put me onto it, however I bought from an independent garage. That being said the lady there was very helpful and put me onto other places. Had I bought from a Renault garage they would have helped me out.

But this is nothing to do with the garage he bought the car from, or Renault. This is between the OP, his insurance and the repair centre that did the work.

**update** Just been in to see them again, spoke to some youngish lad first and he gave me the "it'll probably be because it's plastic" speech. But then got his boss, he came down and got me to put the car in the sun. Straight away he said it needs doing again.
Got some lovely lady to come get my details, Booked in with courtesy car for 1st September.
Happy days, would like to say a massive thank you to everyone on here.

Because it's plastic... lol! there would be a hell of a lot of cars driving round with dodgy paint jobs if that was the case! Hate little pricks like that. Glad you got it sorted :smile:

Half the ****ing car comes from the factory with perfectly colour coded plastic, what a stupid excuse. Glad you got sorted though

"because it's plastic" lold!!!

spoken by someone who obviously ain't got a clue what they're talking about lol.