Polish on the plastic :(

I made a huge mistake last week and got one of the hand car wash places to give my 200 a wash and polish as i'd heard good things about this place! Never again and i'm so annoyed i took it there! The apes that did the polish managed to get it over the two end plates on the cup spoiler, the plastic around where the mirror is attached and up the side of the windscreen!
I've tried using back to black on it which seemed to work at first but has now faded and the white marks have come back. Is there anything else i can do? Put more on? or use something else?

Cheers :smile:

nothing worse than the white polish stain, call me anal, but i always tae time to over all the plastics with masking tape to avoid this. Takes a while, but its worth it.

IMG_0798.jpg

IMG_0799.jpg

Its a bugger to get off, and all you can really do i think is fade it, but it goes after time.

Not done it myself but I've heard of people using rubbers (like you'd use to rub out pencil). Like I said I can't vouch for it myself though.

I have tried most stuff but find AG prob the best
Ask Russ of here he might know a good one

Or try detailing world. Theres GOT to be a thread on there about this. Over there they probably have a thread about what point on the lunar calendar is the best time to wax and seal your car for the best 'beading' lol!

It is a bugger to get off. I use Zymol HD Clense which shows how hard it is if I had to resort to that.

Not tried it myself but peanut butter is meant to be good. If you think about it a little it is just crushed peanuts so if full of oil and natural abrasives.

Last edited:
Oh dear yeah its very annoying!! i always mask up as well. But usally hot water & soap gets it off. Use a toothbrush and gentle rub into the areas it has stained. That seems to work. Ive heard oil liquids just seel it into the plastic so when you wash it, it will just come back. Hope you get the horrible stains off :smile:

There seems to be a lot of 'i've heard that this gets it off' so heres another one as I can't say I know it works for sure. But I've heard sunflower oil or olive oil or something like that gets it off...

There seems to be a lot of 'i've heard that this gets it off' so heres another one as I can't say I know it works for sure. But I've heard sunflower oil or olive oil or something like that gets it off...

I heard that one too.

Try with cockpit spray too.

I always use masking tape, like this:

17042009046.jpg

17042009038.jpg

some veggy oil. rub it well in with a piece of kitchen roll. it actually removes it and just does not cover it up! when it rains it looks good too!

i use the meguiars one but when Russ detailed my car, i think he used Chemical guys natural look.

I have been told peanut butter too, but I don't really fancy rubbing it in the 197 tbh! Lol I need to do something with mine, had a white splodge on the grill for ages now!

Another vote for a rubber here. Really easy to remove even the heaviest of polish staining. I've not tried the peanut butter or vegetable oil method but heard good things over on DW.

Cheers guys. Will be trying the rubber at the weekend and agreed Arran, i dont really fancy rubbing peanut butter on the car. Although it would be the tastiest cleaning sesh :smiley:

Similar Thread Suggestions