Pleasantly surprised, really?

Fo sho. Plenty on here that have got the tie wraps out and done the 'mod'. It does work very well, and in most cases it stays the same - there has been the odd car where it has ended up 'learning' and gone back to the old ways, but not many really.
Sweet, looked at mine last night, seems really loose. Awful design

Reactions: Jimmy
Done it, seems to idle a lot better, especially from cold. Still a slight flat spot mind.

Good to hear it's had a positive effect. I occasionally still get a slight flat spot, but it seems to be very specific when it happens - i.e. trying to accelerate in too-high a gear/low revs. Most of the time, it's gone completely.

I am very lucky that the flatspot isnt that prominent, did the mod and put an extra rubber seal at the end as the hole in the manifold is countersunk. I have wondered about putting a sleeve of shrinkwrap around to create an even better seal. Making a proper bracket is on the list of things to do too.

Reactions: sevenfourate
I am very lucky that the flatspot isnt that prominent, did the mod and put an extra rubber seal at the end as the hole in the manifold is countersunk. I have wondered about putting a sleeve of shrinkwrap around to create an even better seal. Making a proper bracket is on the list of things to do too.

An extra o-ring ? That's interesting. A better fitting o-ring was always my thought but after tie-wrapping I've just never bothered.

Do you know the size by chance ?

A bracket to secure isn't a bad shout either. I'd like to see that :smile:

An extra o-ring ? That's interesting. A better fitting o-ring was always my thought but after tie-wrapping I've just never bothered.

Do you know the size by chance ?

A bracket to secure isn't a bad shout either. I'd like to see that :smile:

I haven't checked the size but years ago I bought a load of generic rubber 'O' rings from eBay. Just taken a photo for anyone, isnt overly thick either. Not sure it did anything for mine but I didnt have a prominent issue in the first place.20170902_204108.jpg

I replaced the o ring for a bigger size, have to be careful have known people to pull the sensor out and the plastic end part with o ring stays in hole!

Similar Thread Suggestions