play in lower offside ball joint picked up at MOT (updat need urgent advice)

got the cup MOTd and the dud told me i had slight play in my lower offside lower ball joint. phoned renault to get the part fixed, and they said that the cant only replace the ball join they have to replace the sespion arm with it, quoted at 470 including vat. Is this actually the case do they have to replace the full suspension arm

Last edited:
Looking for some more advice on this the car is in at the momment getting the ball joint done at 300 but they have just phoned saying that the hub also need done at a cost of extra 211 quid. The same garage serviced the car about a month ago and never mentioned the hub anyone any ideas are they at it need advice ASAP

Get it checked else where first I did last year and they were just ripping me of

Well there already fitting the original part they were supposed to but all off a sudden the hug needs done too do u think there at it

Prob ask if it's deff needs doing and if not I would take it else where you can have it done if the other place says it does
It's your money you have the choice mate

Yea just find it strange cause they serviced it and just said it was the lower ball join that needed done they never mentioned anything about the hub

The hub will have refused to come apart so needs to be replaced in order to reassemble the car. Had the ball joint not needed doing the hub would have been fine, but if the hub won't come away from the part being replaced then it needs replacing.

These are bloody expensive cars when stuff like this needs replacing.

Try and knock them down a bit, suggest that the hub shouldn't have needed to be replaced, but accept that in reality it does need to be replaced.

But they r saying if I don't have the cash for the hub then they can put the ball joint in and replace the hub at a later date so it must have came apart

Very strange picked the car up they have done lower suspension arm which was wat it was in for but they have said I have play in the lower arm now whic is wat they are saying needs done to they have said with doing that they will need to do the hub as well is this true