Out with the new in with the old...

Love the R32 sound. However, cant help but think its beginning to look rather dated next to the 200?

N0ddie i totally agree it does even with the xenons on which make it look a bit newer it has unfortunately come of age, Also what amazes me is that the clio is considered a small hatch where as the golf is suposedly a large hatch i.e megane yet there the same size! cars are growing i think.

N0ddie i totally agree it does even with the xenons on which make it look a bit newer it has unfortunately come of age, Also what amazes me is that the clio is considered a small hatch where as the golf is suposedly a large hatch i.e megane yet there the same size! cars are growing i think.

I was thinking that when looking at the top pic Pete. The Clio dare I say actually looks bigger than the Mk4 Golf.

oh right.

that's a shame :worried:
but the golf is a nice car yes. i have a mate who swapped his ep3 type r for a 53 reg r32, same colour as the one above.
they sound nice, but they blend in a bit too much for my liking, and were/are quite overpriced from new, for me.

oh right.

that's a shame :worried:
but the golf is a nice car yes. i have a mate who swapped his ep3 type r for a 53 reg r32, same colour as the one above.
they sound nice, but they blend in a bit too much for my liking, and were/are quite overpriced from new, for me.

It is and it isnt id keep both if i could but the clio both excellent for toatally different reasons. Clio just doesnt have the grunt for me the r32 isnt that much quicker but it is quicker non the less and the torque makes for more useful road driving IMO, I also found not having 4wd a whack attack once youve gotten used to it its hard to leave behind. Over priced? i payed peanuts for mine litterally! but new i think they were 23k about 8 years ago, as for being desreet nobodys ever tried to race me in the clio but it happens constantly in the R but i guess thats the badge.

It is and it isnt id keep both if i could but the clio both excellent for toatally different reasons. Clio just doesnt have the grunt for me the r32 isnt that much quicker but it is quicker non the less and the torque makes for more useful road driving IMO, I also found not having 4wd a whack attack once youve gotten used to it its hard to leave behind. Over priced? i payed peanuts for mine litterally! but new i think they were 23k about 8 years ago, as for being desreet nobodys ever tried to race me in the clio but it happens constantly in the R but i guess thats the badge.

it says overpriced when new....

Car looks great mate. Good interior, great engine and a decent chassis. I've driven the mk4 and mk5 r32 and both cars were addictive, even if they are German :wink:

I do love the sound of the R32's, the mk5 in particular. Like you say they aren't much faster than the Clio but it is a completely different car. I hope you enjoy it!