Out with the Clio, in with the BMW

So, my 197 is being sold. I've had someone put a deposit on it and they are coming to collect it next week. For its replacement, I thought i'd go for something that cruises a bit better and has a bit more luxury to it, so I got this 123d.

Just spent all day washing, claying, polishing and waxing it, so i thought I better get a couple of pictures. Gotta get the number plate swapped over this week, not letting that plate go

7914231102_c08048987d_b.jpg

7914230138_8e2422a967_b.jpg

7914230574_5fb3ebd93e_b.jpg

Yes, the interior is cream, and yes I like it.

7914231564_34047fc8f7_b.jpg

Current plans are to get darkline rear lights for it (About half way down this thread is an example of them compared to the normal lights: http://www.babybmw.net/viewtopic.php...lines&start=45)

I will get some more photos at some point, but it started raining again and didn't fancy getting wet.

To be fair that's not a bad replacement!!! :smiley:

Hope you enjoy it and hope it can still be fun to drive. I do like these things, they're quite a Marmite car but I like them.

To be honest, it is really good fun to drive, especially with all the torque it has. The drive home after getting it was 4 hours, so had plenty of time to have some fun and see what it's really like.

I think you should change the ''d'' on the back to a ''4''. Just for sh!ts and giggles. :thumbup:

Also, noticed the ''M'' on the wheel, does it have the M Pack on it? Suspension and differential? A mate of mine has the 320d with M Pack, nice car.

I was looking at these, was looking more at the 135i but wasn't sure they'd be much fun to drive after the clio?

I think you should change the ''d'' on the back to a ''4''. Just for sh!ts and giggles. :thumbup:

Also, noticed the ''M'' on the wheel, does it have the M Pack on it? Suspension and differential? A mate of mine has the 320d with M Pack, nice car.

Yeah it's a 123d M Sport, with all the M-Sport parts on it :smile:

I was looking at these, was looking more at the 135i but wasn't sure they'd be much fun to drive after the clio?

It's different to drive than the clio, but I still enjoy it. It feels sportier as you are lower down, and I really like the driving position, I prefer it to the clio. With the clio, you have to keep the revs up to get it to go anywhere quickly, but in this it pretty much picks up from anywhere and then pulls like a train and still gives good mpg.

I love the shape of these, really nice looking car.

Looks like its got some tasty options too. Is that satnav I see ?

Nice. Wife's had a 120d MSport hatch now for 12 months and whenever it's free I take it! Much, much better driving position. As for whether it's fun - it's different. You can't hurl it in like the Clio, it's much more a gentle in / nail it out sort of drive.

We wanted to stretch to a 123d but couldn't quite get one in budget at the time. Enjoy!

Looks like its got some tasty options too. Is that satnav I see ?

It's got lots of options, but satnav wasn't one of them. What you can see is the little storage things on the top of the dash, which is part of the storage pack.

Nice. Wife's had a 120d MSport hatch now for 12 months and whenever it's free I take it! Much, much better driving position. As for whether it's fun - it's different. You can't hurl it in like the Clio, it's much more a gentle in / nail it out sort of drive.

We wanted to stretch to a 123d but couldn't quite get one in budget at the time. Enjoy!

I agree, it is more gentle in and nail it out that hurling it in, feels more planted doing it that way. Shame you couldn't get a 123 though. I've not driven a 120 so don't really know how they would compare

I agree, it is more gentle in and nail it out that hurling it in, feels more planted doing it that way. Shame you couldn't get a 123 though. I've not driven a 120 so don't really know how they would compare

It just lacks a little flexibility for me. Just seems to run out of puff a little too early. Guess that's 'cos I'm a n/a petrolhead at heart.

It's alright though. I'm on the hunt for an E91 330i MSport Touring. :smiley:

Thanks guys. I just watched the Clio drive away about an hour ago, it felt so wrong seeing it being driven by somebody else :worried:

Similar Thread Suggestions