Operation 'Ultra 197'

Dropped the car off at the bodyshop this morning, get her back sat.

Can't wait, as I know the work he does is amazing and the car will look like even more like new once these bits are done. :cloud9:

Looking good dude. Getting it back from having work done is always a good time! Haha.

cheers mate. Still waiting.

Popped down to see how he was getting on yesterday and the rear bumper scuff looks amazing and so does the inside of the boot by the drain hole. You just can't tell theres been any paint.

He has also touched up a few marks on the door rub strip as I didn't want the whole thing painted in case it lost the rough dimples effect.

Just waiting for him to finish the door pillar that closes against the A post.

Getting impatient now... :jumpon:

Last edited:
I need the front bumper repairing after I had a moment of idiocy on a car park!

Lol!!!
I could do with some touch ups and bumper resprayed!

he should be able to do that no problem. I had my 172 Cup front bumper sorted for a crack, huge scuff and massive stone chip and it looked like it had come form the factory.

Let me speak to him first though on Thursday when I pick mine up. If he is ok with me passing on his details I'll PM you both asap.

Ye, let us know if he can do it. Where abouts is he based?

South West Birmingham.

I'll see if he wants the work. Like I said, he is a one man show and not a spring chicken so he tends to pick his work these days. I'll let you know mate. I'd have thought it will be ok, in which case I'll pass on the info to you.

Nice little project. I'd have got the bump strips repainted, I had the 'dimples' smoothed, made a nice difference.

Nice little project. I'd have got the bump strips repainted, I had the 'dimples' smoothed, made a nice difference.

Cheers gaz. Yeah thought about it, but there were only two very small chips and I didn't really want to go that way unless it was that bad. Touched in nicely - far better than I would have done with a paint stick.

Lol!!!
I could do with some touch ups and bumper resprayed!

Hi guys.

Got the car back yesterday and I was over the moon with the work. :cloud9:

The A post part of the door that goes all the way to the B post had been resprayed and it looks just like it has come from the factory.

I can't speak highly enough of the work.

The bumper scuff has gone and you can't tell there's ever been any paint in that area (how it blends it in is beyond me!).:jase:

The most important part was probably the boot. He treated the small amount of bubbling that had started by the drain hole, and from the inside, sprayed wax/grease in to the boot cavity. Again looks amazing.:jase:

Really chuffed as the car looks like it's just come from the Renault showroom new! I'll try and get some picks teh weekend.

Will IM you both with the contact details and location as he was ok with me handing them out.

Glad you are pleased with it mate. I might take it to him and get some work done, but not 100% sure what I am doing with the car yet.

Sounds good bud! Glad your happy! I know what its like when you send your car off and you just hope everything goes ok lol. When you get it back it's literally like Xmas!

Where in south brum is he based?
Could do with a little bit of work doing in the next month or two!

Hi Luke, sorry mate I thought I had sent you a PM?? I take it you haven't got it - will send it again.

Sounds good bud! Glad your happy! I know what its like when you send your car off and you just hope everything goes ok lol. When you get it back it's literally like Xmas!

Cheers mate - yeah your right!

Will get some pics up, although nothing much to see as it looks just like new.

Boot all sorted.

Corrosion treated and repainted. He also took the trim off off the boot and treated it form the inside + sprayed with wax/grease to finish. :cloud9:

P1010150.jpg

P1010151.jpg

P1010160.jpg

Little chips sorted on the door rub strip :cloud9:

P1010154.jpg

P1010155.jpg

Little scuff on bumper all done - looks amazing - like new.

P1010159.jpg

P1010149.jpg

P1010158.jpg

P1010157.jpg

scratch on the A door post now history - I feel this is the best bit of the whole work - truely can't tell a thing. :thumbup:

P1010153.jpg

P1010152.jpg

P1010156.jpg

Similar Thread Suggestions