Only went in for photos :-(

Hello just had a phone call from renault uk still not happy they have said the steering wheel is a wear and tear but they will pay 50% good will still leaving me 208 pounds to pay not very happy at all with this there going to check with the dealer about the screen boot been a renault part I don't think it is to be told your getting some think then not to get it is not very good the whole dealings I've had with these issues has been very poor don't no where to turn ?

Thanks
Lee
What seriously? Just ask them for their contribtution in cash and go get it re trimmed by Steve @ edge automotive for half that and it'll last a hell of a lot longer.

Hello just had a phone call from renault uk still not happy they have said the steering wheel is a wear and tear but they will pay 50% good will still leaving me 208 pounds to pay not very happy at all with this there going to check with the dealer about the screen boot been a renault part I don't think it is to be told your getting some think then not to get it is not very good the whole dealings I've had with these issues has been very poor don't no where to turn ?

Thanks
Lee

how much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! over £400 to replace the steering wheel flipping eck!!!!! did mine for £150 :jedi:

It's a good money spinner for the dealers I am sure. Renault list two wheels, one that's £180 ish and another that's £380 odd. Wouldn't put it past dealers ordering the cheaper one but charging customers for the more expensive wheel.

Tell them to stop ****ing around and order you the cheaper one, its the least they can do seeing as they let a ham fisted monkey loose on your rear view mirror.

Cheaper wheel is the cup one no buttons on it ruk have been shocking the dealer has been shocking brain Leigtons are doing there best to sort something for me ruk won't move on there 50%

I Can not believe what iam hearing from RUK it's ok for some dealers not to use renault parts when it's nowt to do with them hold on so what the hell is the big yellow sign outside with your badge on ? This has gone beyond a joke now if you don't ring me tomorrow I shall be talking to trading standards about the matter

Lee

Cheaper wheel is the cup one no buttons on it ruk have been shocking the dealer has been shocking brain Leigtons are doing there best to sort something for me ruk won't move on there 50%

I Can not believe what iam hearing from RUK it's ok for some dealers not to use renault parts when it's nowt to do with them hold on so what the hell is the big yellow sign outside with your badge on ? This has gone beyond a joke now if you don't ring me tomorrow I shall be talking to trading standards about the matter

Lee

nope sorry it isn't the "cup" wheel - there are two wheels one is the "original" spec steering wheel the other "cheaper" one is the after-market accessory one and is to all intents and purposes the same as the normal one - I have just fitted one - they are like £180 retail without discount...you also get the rs steering wheel badge with it...

There is a lad on CS who referbs them, he does leather interiors for Bentley so he work is first class

To the OP - dude, my advice is to chill out. You have a great car which despite some well known shortcomings on the quality front is still one of the best drives out there (I've had to have a new gearbox and inner track control arm at less than 20K!!). Someone accidentally broke your windscreen (**** happens, humans are not perfect) but they have done the decent thing and replaced it - move on. Like others have said just get the wheel retrimmed by someone with a good reputation for doing this work (mine has started to degrade at just over 3 years old and 24K miles and that's what I will be doing). Finally find a good independant to do any maintenance and servicing work - maybe RS in Leeds for you? Keep smiling and don't let this spoil the car for you :smile: