Clutch went last night, Once again stuck on the side of the road

pacenotes

Platinum Member
So was out last night in a not so great neighbourhood of London when my clutch went in rush hour traffic. It just seemed to pop out and the clutch pedal went to the floor and wouldn't change gear.

Anyway was able to get it stopped pritty quickly and out of the way which was good. Knew it was fecked when I got out and there was oil on the ground where I just stopped. So rang Green flag who came out and said ya shes ****ed and you need recovery and as the 197 needs a flat bed took them 4 hours to get one out to me!

Anyway just about to go out to it now, Anything I should look for, The chap you came to have a quick look said the Clutch slave cylinder was gone but as it is internal he couldn't be sure.

Any ideas on how much a new clutch should be and labour costs?

Think you'll find the pipe has come out and it was clutch fluid, u can pop it back in. Happened it me twice, you won't need a new clutch mate.

Sounds exactly like mine which was a knackered slave cylinder. New clutch and slave cylinder fitted and all seems to be ok. Prior to the failure I had several instances where the pedal would go to the floor and needed several pumps to bring the clutch back. My car had only done ~25,000 miles.

Last edited: