Onboard vid of the Dukes Pass

One word for this road 'WOW'.
Only found this little gem the other week, so thought I would head up today and get a wee video. Apologies for some of the driving;/ lol, as I say only second time on it. Rarely get out of second and some nice tyre squeal:jase2:
Enjoy.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C7XKfHt08M[/YOUTUBE]

Also spotted this at one of the car parks. Gota say first time seeing the cup spoiler up close, and I love it!!

dsc00501ig.jpg
[/URL] Uploaded with ImageShack.us[/IMG]

Last edited:
Very nice, looks like a good road.

Good to see people pulling over, wish they would do that down here! Once my video has uploaded you will see that I was stuck behind 2 cars doing 40 in a 60 :worried:

Nice road but at least 6 or 7 times you are taking a corner on the wrong side of the road and you can not see around it!

Fix up or learn to hug an apex without putting other people in danger.

Very nice, looks like a good road.

Good to see people pulling over, wish they would do that down here! Once my video has uploaded you will see that I was stuck behind 2 cars doing 40 in a 60 :worried:

Yeah they two were all right, gave them the old hazards. Although that was the only clean run out of about 10, was held up quite a few times. You dont want to be right up peoples chuff, but they've got to know your pressing on lol.

Nice road but at least 6 or 7 times you are taking a corner on the wrong side of the road and you can not see around it!

Fix up or learn to hug an apex without putting other people in danger.

Watched it a good few times, and although at points (say two or three) it looks like its right on a blind corner, I can assure you I was leaving enough room/slowing down to pull back in. Also bearing in mind that I have a more elevated and wider view than the camera.

Good wee video matey - next time your planning on heading up give us a shout. I'll be driving behind you though!!

Will do, having an exhaust fitted this week, so I'll probs head up next weekend make a few more videos. If your game?

This is my favourite road !

Trust me when your used to it and know the bends you'll be into third a lot more often :wink:

It's even better going the other direction, though it's a lot tougher on the brakes !

We need a Scottish rep to get a few convoys organised.

Last edited:
This is my favourite road !

Trust me when your used to it and know the bends you'll be into third a lot more often :wink:

It's even better going the other direction !

We need a Scottish rep to get a few convoys organised.

Thought your favourite was crow rd lol. Done about 5 goes each way, and I thought that one was a bit better, but I'm open to give it a few more goes to find out :smiley:

I'd def be up for some convoy action.

Yeah the Crow road is 'one of' them but Dukes pass beats everything hands down. The little 500 cant handle the heavy braking of Dukes pass though so Brembo 4 pots are on the cards.

I accidentally jumped my 197 on the bumpy part at Callander :lol:

Going the opposite direction you can really make the car move underneath you under braking. A trait that a love and why I'd never change the tyres from Conti SC 3 for fear of losing it :lol:

Yeah the Crow road is 'one of' them but Dukes pass beats everything hands down. The little 500 cant handle the heavy braking of Dukes pass though so Brembo 4 pots are on the cards.

I accidentally jumped my 197 on the bumpy part at Callander :lol:

Going the opposite direction you can really make the car move underneath you under braking. A trait that a love and why I'd never change the tyres from Conti SC 3 for fear of losing it :lol:

Yeah I know the 'jump' your talking about, we got air last week aslo. I swear it must have been a few feet, squeeky bum time lol.

I've got hankook v12's on the front, (ate the contis in 6k) and they seemed more than upto the job, although I'm sure you are more seasoned than me in said 'trait':tongueout:roud:

Watched it a good few times, and although at points (say two or three) it looks like its right on a blind corner, I can assure you I was leaving enough room/slowing down to pull back in. Also bearing in mind that I have a more elevated and wider view than the camera.

Fair enough. I was just looking out for you, your car and others :wink:

I love this road - only ever managed to do it in a Ford Ka though :worried:

I went up this way in February in the Clio hoping to have a blast. The really heavy winter meant that the road was closed from Brig O'Turk to Aberfoyle due to ice and snow. I need to head back up before long as the roads around Loch Lomond are great. It is just a shame it is so far away from me. Turns into an expensive trip!

Will do, having an exhaust fitted this week, so I'll probs head up next weekend make a few more videos. If your game?

Would love to next weekend but I'm going upto Skye for the weekend - going to try find some equivalent roads/runs for the Clio! Following weekend might be worth a shot though - keep in touch.:headphone:

Is this the SuperSprint race system you ordered ?

Make sure you get pictures of it before you fit it and a few videos afterwards :wink: