Olympic Opening Ceremony...

He's a local boy to be fair mate, Boyle had to do something to make it not look like it was all about Manchester!!! :smiley:

It's all a load of bullocks

Yay!! Love this comment Roy! I just think it's the biggest waste of money ever. Putting the country into a worse state so we can keep our 'Image' up!

Don't get me wrong i have 100% respect for the athletes and what they do to get there but i just think it's a load of bullocks as Roy politely said. :smile:

I agree with you on the expense side of things to an extent. But, the entire world is on it's arse, why not have a party and do some running to celebrate!?! :smiley:

I think the ceremony has been superb so far though, really nicely done.

Bloody Brilliant!!!

As someone who is so anti Olympics being in this country, the Opening Ceremony for me is just brilliant!

Yay!! Love this comment Roy! I just think it's the biggest waste of money ever. Putting the country into a worse state so we can keep our 'Image' up!

Don't get me wrong i have 100% respect for the athletes and what they do to get there but i just think it's a load of bullocks as Roy politely said. :smile:

Forecasted to give uk a £10billion boost in economy from the Olympics and create 60,000 jobs, not too bad I don't think lol!

According to the guardian and sky the hosting costs including the transport upgrades £24billion.....

He's a local boy to be fair mate, Boyle had to do something to make it not look like it was all about Manchester!!! :smiley:

I never watched it as Im a miserable ******* and cant see the need for such a lavish waste of money we don't have, but wasn't a member of the Beatles the star of the show?

No mate, thankfully!!! :smiley:

It's been very good to be fair, the flag bit has been boring but the raving and history bit was great.

I'm glad they found something for Becks to do, he'd been a great ambassador and he deserved a place somewhere in it all.

Redgrave is a desevered torch-lighter, is it six Gold medals he's won!?!

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Chris General Chat 12
rbrocky Gallery 16
M General Chat 2
Roy General Chat 20
Mike General Chat 22