Ollie's GW 200 Project

So, it's been a very long time since I have done a proper picture update. Having moved out 3 years ago, the Clio was put on the back burners whilst I ploughed all of my time and money into doing the house up. Even after completion I never had the motivation to get it back out having a few niggles I needed to get done for the MOT. Finally after all this time I have now got it back out after No7 sorted out the niggles (ball joints, inner joints, new top mounts, cambelt service, AC delete, alignment and of course the MOT.) You may notice a few big other changes too :wink:

My good mate Brandon met me for some insane pictures lastnight, 70 pics later, I have narrowed it down to a few to share on here, have missed out the interior as it's a bit of a mess and is crying out for some paint/carbon bits.

Enjoy,

Attachments

• Photo 07-09-2021, 23 21 32.jpg
    10.3 MB · Views: 12
So, I’ve installed a ZPO shifter and it looks insane. Only slight niggle is I’m having trouble finding 5th and 6th gear, it feels like it goes in, but then bounces back towards the 3rd/4th but staying in the 5th/6th area if that makes sense. I’ve read adjusted the orange cap to centralise the stick but no luck as of yet.

Has anyone experienced similar?

0A159FE1-7FC5-44E9-A512-A8A79D4701D1.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Joec1996
Looks fantastic! Have you adjusted the little grub screws on the ZPO that limit side to side movement? Maybe it’s not going far enough right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea, I’ve adjusted the 1-4 and reverse so they slot in fine, adjusted 5/6th both ways and the shifter doesn’t even touch it.

Could be cable tension to the gearbox, or maybe they’ve come out of the clip on top of the gearbox.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, trying to keep this as up to date as I can.

ZPO is now installed and all sorted gearing wise, very simple to install, but I struggled with setting up reverse. All done now!

Taking advantage of Black Friday again, I managed to get myself a passenger Recaro for £700! Seeing how hard they are to get at the moment (apparently) I thought I’d never pick one up as cheap as that again.

81FB899F-33FD-434E-AD37-FDEBF56C854A.jpeg

MOT picked up a problem with the offside rear calliper, so taking a look at it without taking the wheel off, assumed it was a seized calliper. Thankfully for me a member was selling a brand new set on here for a reasonable price, win win! Changed them yesterday & installed PBS pads and in-fact it is the cable that is shot.. so two new cables have been ordered from RPD. Glad I changed the callipers regardless as they were looking a bit tired, but now making the carriers look shitty.

If anyone is after a set of rears to get refurbed, I will have them up for sale soon, failing that PM me!

B1DE623D-ABE2-4733-BA6A-C4C0BDE162BF.jpeg

And finally after trying to hunt down a carbon centre console blank, but not hearing many good reviews from my findings, with advice from @Beany (no advice taken :tearsofjoy:) I have started giving it a bash myself. Won’t be carbon, just a painted finish.

C2CB655D-A5EE-4EC4-B09C-309E3A43B5D4.jpeg

Last edited: