Ollie's AG 200 Progress thread (new wheels)

Loving the new additions ollie

I'm fitting V1's to mine soon without the adjusters in the rear,is it possible to fit the rear springs without both parts of the adjuster,the black and purple part?

I noticed you've fitted the black part that's all,cheers

Thanks a lot for the feedback guys! I'll take some better photos as these ones are rubbish haha.

Simo: Yeah it's Adriano's Evo, crazy car!

Thanks for the kind comments :wink:

Looking good, just a word of warning with those braided lines be careful of the clearances on full lock, not using the original bracket means they can end up touching the rim and wearing through!

Thanks for the warning mate, just went out to adjust them. Managed to adjust them without taking the wheels off, took a bit of time but now it shouldn't be catching on the wheels. I still don't understand why they made them so long...

such an improvement mate,stunning.......did you keep the ride height level? or is the front slightly lower?

Thanks, the fronts were set to be equal to the rears however naturally there is more weight on the front so it sits slightly lower. It's not visible rake and handles perfectly so i'm happy :smile:

Thought you are supposed to have a bit of rake with the front being lower. I hate the whole drop it on its arse gangster thing

I've just done 6 laps at the Ring this morning and the KW v1 coilovers are nice but a bit too soft :worried: The car is scraping everywhere haha, had to remove the wheel arches as one side completely melted and it's scraping like crazy especially on the Karusell!

I think with stiffer springs the rear would be less unstable. Does anyone know the spring ratings of the KW V1?

Tyres are fantastic, i'm running Yokohoma advans and they havn't let me down during the 10 laps i've done today. Managed to set a new personal best time of 9mins 20 with roadworks and an accident so i reckon 9mins is easily achievable. Thanks for the link GrumpyTwig, i think i may get some stiffer springs... They don't scrape on the roads or other circuits, just at the Ring where there are big changes in gradient :wink:

It's quite low, especially on the Karusell haha:

271793-ab72086bc2aebd39a2dba4a064b3e6ef

270439-df57581cb29775bc382969578fdc65f9.jpg

Last edited: