Okay so I f**ked up!!

Washed the car the other day and just noticed tonight that I've scratched the roof (black roof/white car) I'm relie annoyed at myself as I try to be careful but it must've happened when using the chamois, not sure how deep the scratch is (how do i tell?) but I don't think I can fix it :worried: do any of the coloured polishes make a difference? Or will it be a body shop job? Possible vinyl wrap?

i realise this is kinda pointless without pics but will try get some uploaded tomoro as it's too dark to take any just now :worried:

Colour magic do a black polish that comes with a black filler lip stick pen to fill in scratches. It works quite well and is work a try for a fiver or so out of Halfords.

Okay will give it a go :smile: I have black t-cut but I used that to get a better shine on my last car never expected it to get rid of scratches

You willing to post up a photo so we can how bad it is. That way we might be able to suggest something before you hit the bodyshop!

It's too dark just now for photos can't see them with flash but I can see white through the scratch and it's just a lot of little ones from where I've pulled the chamois, try get some pics at work Tomoro tho

Can you feel it with your nail? If so it's too deep to polish out. You could try to mask it a bit using coloured polishes etc but that's all you will be doing, masking it.

t-cut but I used that to get a better shine on my last car, never expected it to get rid of scratches

It's made for removing scratches, a bit aggressive to use for just polishing.

Also, Get some microfibre drying towels for drying off the car, Chamois tend to be a bit scratchy!

Scratch X or AG Super Resin Polish will get that looking a lot better. Maybe even try some Black Hole, anything with fillers in really...

I do have SRP :smile: gonna have to get on it at the weekend I thinks :smile: yeah using a chamois on a farm probably wasn't the best idea more than likely dust blew on whilst it was still wet :worried:

thanks for for the advice guys and if I can't get rid of them it'll be a wrap I think :smile: