200: Okay, so I'm about to purchase a Clio 200 Gordini (2010). What you think about it?

Antti O

Gold Member
Hi
I have been looking Clio 200 for some time now. Unfortunately those cars are rare here in Finland because Renault Finland never imported 200 model officially. This example has been imported from another country and now it is for sale in BMW dealership near where i live. I test drove it wednesday and since that i have been negotiating about price. It is quite expensive, as usual cars here.
List price is 16900eur which is almost 12.000£.

This car has that cup suspension package.. i think it is quite stiff. My previous 197 was "full fat" and it was great car to drive in different roads. I am little worried about how i can handle that cup. This car will be my second car and i drive it only summer. I have dailydriver 3-series.

So here comes specs and pictures, tell me what you think.

-200 Gordini
-40.000km (24854miles)
-2 owners
-Cup suspension
-Auto a/c
-Folding mirrors
-Automatic lights & wipers
-Keyless starting system
-Aux input, Bluetooth connection, usb stick socket..
-Akrapovic evolution full exhaust system (original oem system included) 8)
-Wheel spacers, (original bolts included)
-K&N panel filter (i will replace with original)
-Window tints, i will remove.

-Service history:

Service stamps are in the middle of owners manual, there is not normal servicebook like Clio 197...?

First stamp in book in 35000km, second 38000km here in Finland which included cambelt, waterpump, oil, filters, aux belts, spark plugs etc..) No one knows if that first service has been done. There is no way to find it out.
-New michelin pilot primacy hp 215/45/17 summer tyres.

Car runs very fine and is mint inside and out. This dealership offers me full 1 -year warranty.

big.jpg

big.jpg

big.jpg

big.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, it seems like a decent example of one to be honest. It has a good spec and the Akra is a well sough after exhaust. Is that a good price for you in Finland? It is a shame that there are not more stamps in the book for service history - you would have expected at least one per year, even with the low mileage. However it does seem a good one.

With regards the Cup suspension - it a stiff ride and it all depends just how poor the road surfaces are in Finland. I use mine (with Cup pack) as a daily driver on typically crap UK roads and I find it totally manageable. If yours is just a summer car, then it shouldn't cause you too many issues. The handling is very good with it on!

Hi, it seems like a decent example of one to be honest. It has a good spec and the Akra is a well sough after exhaust. Is that a good price for you in Finland? It is a shame that there are not more stamps in the book for service history - you would have expected at least one per year, even with the low mileage. However it does seem a good one.

With regards the Cup suspension - it a stiff ride and it all depends just how poor the road surfaces are in Finland. I use mine (with Cup pack) as a daily driver on typically crap UK roads and I find it totally manageable. If yours is just a summer car, then it shouldn't cause you too many issues. The handling is very good with it on!

I agree with you that more stamps would be nice, but that car spec, price and condition is so good compared which i have saw for sale before.
I take a proper test drive before buying with that cup chassis.. i try to look roads with potholes. Most of the roads are bad.

I agree with you that more stamps would be nice, but that car spec, price and condition is so good compared which i have saw for sale before.
I take a proper test drive before buying with that cup chassis.. i try to look roads with potholes. Most of the roads are bad.

Well having a comparison is always a good thing to have when you're looking to buy. Knowing this one is better than the others you've seen will help you make that decision :smile: enjoy the test drive. Let us know how it all goes, and good luck.

Okay, so I'm about to purchase a Clio 200 Gordini (2010). What you think abo...

Hei, I personally have always loved the Gordini in its variations and it's little touches. The car looks good and under average mileage. You say it runs great, any problems with shifting gears when it's fully warmed up? The main issue In mine and your opinion is the lack of early service history. In the UK a Renault dealer can check if the services have been done in their computer, if they have been done at a Renault garage. You say there is no way of telling in your country, did you say where it was imported from? It might be as simple as the service book getting lost and so they put the later stamps in the owners manual. If it's had the main service done on time or earlier it seems unlikely the previous owner/owners would miss such vital, and inexpensive basic upkeep? Do you know how many owners the car has had Ystava?

Plus £10,000 is a pretty reasonable price over here for a low mileage Gordini and if you can get used to the stiffer suspension you'll find it's much more fun, assuming your roads over there cannot be as bad as in the UK ! Onnea!

Okay, so I'm about to purchase a Clio 200 Gordini (2010). What you think abo...

Sorry misread the price£12000 is a lot but you get a lot of car for that assuming it's been looked after ....the Akrapovic is worth 1k alone

gorgeous looking gordini. the price is steep, but you get a mint looking car (inside and outside), an akra and a full one year warranty for your money. i'd say go for it. just make sure the gearbox is fine. get it up to speed and look out for some crunching when shifting down from five to four and from four to three.

i paid mine a similar amount. it had even less km's, was absolutely mint, it came with a fifth 18" wheel and still had 18 months of warranty to go. for me that justified the high price.

gorgeous looking gordini. the price is steep, but you get a mint looking car (inside and outside), an akra and a full one year warranty for your money. i'd say go for it. just make sure the gearbox is fine. get it up to speed and look out for some crunching when shifting down from five to four and from four to three.

i paid mine a similar amount. it had even less km's, was absolutely mint, it came with a fifth 18" wheel and still had 18 months of warranty to go. for me that justified the high price.

The price is almost in same if i buy car from Germany, and pay import taxes.
In my first test drive there was no any problems in gearbox when it was warm, it was smooth and all gears was fine. I will test it again tomorrow.

About service book:
Can some 200 owner confirm me there is not service book like it was 197, instead of that service stamps are located in owners manual?

Last edited:
Hei, I personally have always loved the Gordini in its variations and it's little touches. The car looks good and under average mileage. You say it runs great, any problems with shifting gears when it's fully warmed up? The main issue In mine and your opinion is the lack of early service history. In the UK a Renault dealer can check if the services have been done in their computer, if they have been done at a Renault garage. You say there is no way of telling in your country, did you say where it was imported from? It might be as simple as the service book getting lost and so they put the later stamps in the owners manual. If it's had the main service done on time or earlier it seems unlikely the previous owner/owners would miss such vital, and inexpensive basic upkeep? Do you know how many owners the car has had Ystava?

Hi sorry i did not answer your post yesterday.

Car was imported from Chech rebuplic 2014. There was only 1 stamp from Chech.
Second service stamp was from Finland, January 2015 37.000km, timing belt + oils etc..

In the user manual there was section for service stamps. N o separate service book like 197.
I just throw email to seller if he can take picture about stamp for me.
I did ask from Renault Finland if they can tell me some service history with that car VIN number, they dont see anything but services done in their own shops.

Last edited:
Looks good, a good warm up and some smart shifting should seal the deal, if this is hard to find... go for it with a big 'G"----- <see what I did there :wink:

I bought it. It feels great. Many thanks for comments.
More pics to follow if we have sunshine..

Thanks peter, weather is quite grey and it is raining all the time. My car is number 013 Gordini edition.
I will drive this week, after that i will put it in heated garage waiting for summer.
That cup suspension is quite interesting. When you drive slowly in city for example it collects all imperfections and you bounce in the seat. I dont like that feature. But if you drive in the deeper bump it is not so uncomfortable i first thougt. Maybe i learn to live with it and in hot summer day it will be more comfortable, and i have to remember that is not 7-series luxury car but meant to drive fast in the b-roads.

Car is very good to drive, exhaust is maybe little bit loud for my taste but maybe i get used to.

Btw. do you know is there some place i can download Clio 3 200 user handbook pdf? Currently my handbook is for Czech. I have little problems to find out where i adjust clock time in the dash monitor, and how i pair my sony z3 phone (bluetooth).

Last edited:
Congratulations Antti, I'm glad you bought the Gordini. The Cup chassis is pretty harsh at town speeds, but it is really good once you get up to a reasonable speed, and it is of course great in the bends. Looking forward to photos. Enjoy :smile:

Some pics after wash
Went to b-roads and holy sh*t it is good :w00t:

I will remove that rear window tint..

big.jpg

big.jpg

big.jpg

Last edited:
looks really nice :smile:
I dont mind the rear tint, works well with the colour and spoiler.
will always make you smile :smile:

i'm with james, rear tint doesn't bother me. never was a fan of spacers, but your's looks really good with them.
are you really going to put away till next summer? 8)