OK picked up the new car and now have a question.

Servicing intervals on the 200. Is it every year or 12,000 miles? Or every 2 years and 12,000 miles?

My 197 was every year or 12,000 miles.

Anyone?

Its every year or 12,000 miles what ever comes first.

You can thank the EU for that, not that it matters on a 197 as the oil should be changed every year anyway.

Every 3 - 5 k change the oil and filter u will understand y wen u see the oil after this long lol

I thought as much! When I did the deal I asked for it to be serviced as the car was coming up to 11 months old, although it has only done 6,000 miles.
When I picked it up today, the salesman said they hadn't serviced the car as it didn't need doing until 12,000 miles or two years.

Right I'll see what he says when I go back in a few weeks time with the service reminder flashing...

If you agreed it would be serviced before agreeing to buy, then go back and tell them to do it!

Do you have a lot of sand in the air? Could just be that they think the air filter needs changing more often

the service interval over here is every 6213 miles/10000 km, how come??

Ye as Pete said, in the service book it says to half the service interval for certain conditions.

I take it Bahrain is quite a dry and dusty environment being not far from Saudi Arabia, so things like the air filter will get clog up much quicker.

Ye as Pete said, in the service book it says to half the service interval for certain conditions.

I take it Bahrain is quite a dry and dusty environment being not far from Saudi Arabia, so things like the air filter will get clog up much quicker.

I think you have just a little more dusty desert than we do lol

I bet when you open the air filter bit up, it is choked with the stuff??? :chair:

It's 10,000 kms or 12 months on all Renault Sport cars in Australia. Normal Renaults have a 20,000 kms or 12 months service interval.

It's 10,000 kms or 12 months on all Renault Sport cars in Australia. Normal Renaults have a 20,000 kms or 12 months service interval.

I think that you too have a little more dust than Europe does lol!!!!

But then, Australia wins over Europe hands down anyday for quality of life

The service guide is quite confusing in one part it states Clio 3 Renaultsport 12,000 miles or 2 years, turn two pages in the booklet and it states Clio Renaultpsort 2.0 16v 12 months or 12,000 miles??!?!!? Then on a sheet of paper that the salesman printed out for me, which is labelled "Maintenance programme for your vehicle" it reads 2 years or 12,000 miles. It seems maybe Deako is right?

Mais oui, en France we no worry about zis stuf no?

LOL

Maybe they were feeling a little unsure :smile:

I personally would get it done annually :smile:

I wont be servicing mine in 2 year intervals thats for sure. For the stamp in the book, definitely, but ill be doing intermediate oil\filter changes every 3k miles.

Do you have a lot of sand in the air? Could just be that they think the air filter needs changing more often

yes we do get sand storms from time to time but not as bad as saudi and kuwait, over there the sky looks orange or turns into night. i guess Renault's service interval is short because its not reliable enough for the extreme heat.

yes we do get sand storms from time to time but not as bad as saudi and kuwait, over there the sky looks orange or turns into night. i guess Renault's service interval is short because its not reliable enough for the extreme heat.

Probably spot on there!!!!

Its actually every 2 years or 12,000 miles. Whichever comes sooner.

Hey mate, its definitely not 2 years, its only 1 - same as the 197. I know of a couple of people with 200's who have had this clarified by the dealer as there are some service manuals which have been misprinted. As mess-up's go its quite a big one, but its going to be a year until you get the reminder on the dash.

Just thought I should clarify...

Hope that helps

Similar Thread Suggestions