OK picked up the new car and now have a question.

why would it be 2 years or 12,000 miles whichever comes first, ?

when the average driver does 12,000-14,000 a year. otherwise it would be milage everytime,

ITS DEFFO 12 MONTHS OR 12,000 MILES WHICHEVER COMES FIRST.

RUK say 2 years or 12k, whichever first. Though I would imagine any owner of a RS would do it yearly at least anyway

have a look in the service book. it says 1 year/12k half service > 2 year/24k full service > 3 year/36k cam belt change and full service.

well mine gets it first birthday next month so it will be getting a 1st service then. Do you think the oil would last 2 years? or be like soup.

I can not believe you are still arguing about this, its every year for the MK3 RS 2.0T Models FACT.

In the "Maintenance Service Booklet" it clearly says to change the oil + filter and cabin filter every year.

I even get a reminder sent to me reminding me that my service is due.

And as chappo has pointed out it would be 2 years or 24k not 2 years or 12k.

Ring Renault up your self and ask them if you still do not believe, I will be taking my car for its service every year regardless.

service.gif

199.gif 199.gif 199.gif

My service book is different to this ^ I'll have to scan it in as a comparison and believe me, I've scrutinised the ****ing manual!

Last edited:
My service book is different to this ^ I'll have to scan it in as a comparison and believe me, I've scrutinised the ****ing manual!

haha I'm only playing, if its different then fair play.

Seems daft why they would change it, think I would still get it done every year.

haha I'm only playing, if its different then fair play.

Seems daft why they would change it, think I would still get it done every year.

Mine is different also, it definately says 2 yrs/12k miles. I'll get a photo up this evening if I remember.

It may suggest on it to change the oil every 12 months but that's not necessarily a service, and only a suggestion. - Although, personally I'll still get mine changed at a year, suggestion or not.

I think that you too have a little more dust than Europe does lol!!!!

But then, Australia wins over Europe hands down anyday for quality of life

Weirdly I got friends studying in Australia and they prefer staying in Bahrain, they said the only thing to do there is clubbing:drunk:...so quality of life could be better in Bahrain.:w00t:

sorry about being off topic I hope Kim Jong-il won't .....

Last edited:
Excuse the terrible picture. This is in my service book:

8ed926b6.jpg

After more scrutinising of above book it seems it is 12,000 miles or two years for the 200.

I can not believe you are still arguing about this, its every year for the MK3 RS 2.0T Models FACT.

In the "Maintenance Service Booklet" it clearly says to change the oil + filter and cabin filter every year.

I even get a reminder sent to me reminding me that my service is due.

And as chappo has pointed out it would be 2 years or 24k not 2 years or 12k.

Ring Renault up your self and ask them if you still do not believe, I will be taking my car for its service every year regardless.

service.gif

199.gif 199.gif 199.gif

I have RTFM and your above copy is wrong according to the new cars.

I have RTFM and your above copy is wrong according to the new cars.

See my above reply.

Ok so the 200 does indeed have a different service interval to the 197, very strange.

Just noticed the timing belt service has also been moved back a year as well.

Similar Thread Suggestions