Ok, had the R27 for 1 month now and 3,000 miles !

Hi there,

Collected my Nimbus Grey R27 on 29th December, so had it just over a month now. In that month the car has covered just over 3000 miles across a mixture of country roads and motorways.

The car has mainly been used for the school run and to get two and from work (about a 100 mile round trip) and for some trips a bit further a field including a run to Central London last week.

When I collected the car it was showing an average mpg of 26.9, but this has improved slightly now to 27.1mpg even though it has been driven pretty hard by me.

I insured it fully comp for around £400 including class 1 business use for work which I though was pretty good given the type of car.

I love driving the car and take it everywhere, even when the wife is not using our other car (new Scirocco diesel). I am still getting used to 6th gear which seems like 3rd, and keep going for another gear to bring the revs down.

It has been washed a couple of times and although the bad weather has meant it gets pretty dirty pretty quickly it looks stunning when clean.

Over the next week it will be doing a 400 mile round trip to Cumbria, and all being well I will be popping up to Oulton Park a week Saturday for a nose round and a chat with a few of you guys who are taking part in the focused events track day.

I only found out this week that it had the folding mirrors (bored and was playing with buttons/switches in the car), and now I have worked out the USB I-pod thingy in the glovebox I can have some decent music while I drive.

I am a little concerned by the amount of oil the car is using (I have put 1 litre in this week) but this is the first since I collected it. The dealer I brought it from had just serviced the car when I bought it so not sure if this is actually something to worry about or not.

Also the juddering/hesitation when the car is cold is a bit of a pain, I am running it on 98/99 Ron fuel in the hope it may improve, but if someone nows a cure then please do let me know.

I will be tracking the car later on in the year when the weather improves, and will also be at Gaydon for the national meet, and all being well the FCS at Rockingham.

Heres a quick pic of the car last weekend after a hard week of driving (Iphone pic): -

clio1b.jpg

and a couple on Sunday after a good wash.

img8704g.jpg

img8717f.jpg

In summary I love this car to bits. :cloud9:

Hope you like the mini review.

Regards

Tim

Last edited:
Very nice and I'm not surprised you're enjoying it

A remap will help with the cold start problems :smile:

Very nice mate! I hope to get mine looking similar to your R27, I love the anthracite wheels and cup spoiler :tongueout:

3000 miles in a month! Good man!

Lovely car and if that's your house I'm jelous!

Regarding oil useage, alot of manufacturers consider anything up to a litre/1000 miles ok.

Lovely car and if that's your house I'm jelous!

Hi there,

Not 'mine' in the legal sense of the word, but it is home.
We rent it and have lived here for just over a year.
Lived on an housing estate for most of my life, but you can't beat the country. Having a racecourse in the back garden is fun in the summer as well.

Regards

Tim

Car is looking good and 3k in a month is awesome! I dont do that much but im glad to know im not the only one putting some miles on the R27 as well tbh.

With regard to the lumpy cold start i have had mine re-mapped and part of that mapping was designed to help get rid of that cold start issue altogether. These days i have almost no issues with it. Having said that after a few minutes all that goes away anyway as soon as things get up to normal driving temperature.

Welcome to the site!

They are special cars full of character and charm that will leave a lasting impression on any petrolhead :tongueout:

mine burns alot of oil too, high revving engine nature.

Only 3k in a month?!?!?!?! :wink::wink::wink:

Awesome dude, glad you are loving it to bits!!!

You have to beat my record now, that is your next challenge :wink:

03/06/2010 - 10/07/2010 I did 4822 miles - France, Germany then Scotland lol!!!

Great review dude, a car is for driving and not looking at after all :smile:

Looks great. Might go check my oil too, although on previous occassions I have found the digital display to be quite accurate. I have run my car on 99 for ages now and it doesn't kangaroo like it used to. Barely there now. So keep using it!

Very nice mate! I love the Nimbus/Anthracite colour combo on the R27!

Yeah 3000miles in a month is more than some members do all year.... Si :wink:

Similar Thread Suggestions