Oil temp gauge

Hiya guys and girls newbie to the 200 world does anyone run a oil temp gauge?? I will.doing track days wanna keep eye on it I fitted one in my last car no problem not sure where to start on this many thanks jamie

I have this but haven’t fitted it yet.

I have one installed into my driver's side air vent:

F5CD1785-BAB1-42A8-A00C-3BE3CF362C3F_1_105_c.jpeg

7CCCBF92-3F42-47F4-8CB3-C5A8ED683735_1_105_c.jpeg

The sender is taken off a thermostatic Mocal oil cooler plate:

Screenshot 2021-03-01 at 14.22.24.png

I am told, by people with far more knowledge than me, that excess oil temps are not feature of the car and that even the race cars did not run an oil cooler.

Reactions: RSRowe
I am told, by people with far more knowledge than me, that excess oil temps are not feature of the car and that even the race cars did not run an oil cooler.

Although bear in mind that:

- Cup racers will be lighter than most road going Clios. Most Clios used on track will be road-biased therefore carrying a bit more weight with the engine working a bit harder as a consequence.
- Races are short compared to the length of time that you could be out on track, especially if doing lots of sessions without a great deal of time to let the car cool down.
- Oil temperature gauges are also useful not only from a high oil temperature perspective, but also a low oil temperature perspective. Keeping an eye on when the oil is adequately warm so that you can start to rev out the car is a useful touch, whether that be road driving or your first track session of the day when the car is cold.

If you get a thermostatic oil cooler then it will only open when needed to avoid over-cooling. Might not be a must-have, but it won't do any harm.

I was thinking the same the one got is mocal thermostatic one anyway 19 row oil cooler
I just wanted see people opinions and that