Ohlins Coilovers for Clio 200

fmp

Platinum Member
How do.

In my quest for quality parts for my 200 I have been in contact with Aurok who are UK suppliers of Ohlins suspension.

He (Dave @ Aurok) has spoken to Ohlins Sweden, who have also been in contact with Ohlins Japan.

They are looking into the possibilities of making a coilover solution for the 200, but to help things along the way I am trying to show that there is enough interest in a kit for them to put the time and effort into making one.

The kit would be very much like the current range of Ohlins road & track range, like these:

EVO_IIV_X-590x361.jpg

I am still waiting to hear what sort of price the setup would be, but i would thought it will be in line with the rest of thier range, so somewhere around the 1500-1600 gdp mark.

If there is anyone genuinly interested (no dreamers please!), then post your thoughts, wants, needs below, and I can forward the feedback onto Dave @ Aurok and see what can be done!

Oh nice! I've been considering asking for some coil-overs for my b'day I wonder if I'd be stretching it a bit.... that is a bit steep even for the name printed on them.

Edit/

Do they come with the top mount as well? If so that's actually not bad.....

Last edited:
Id def be up for some ohlins, had them on my 916 track beast and they are the dogs danglies, most def worth that extra outlay.

Lack of interest meant i didnt persue it.

I will probably go for some KW Clubsports once they sort the fitting issues on the latest 200's.

i was concidering some KW Clubsports but there is issues with the later 200's regarding the top mount, but i would much rather have the Ohlins variant as i know ther are awesome for bikes

along with my Akrapovic there seems to be more bike componants finding there way onto my 200 by the day

Shame, KW don't really inspire me as a brand to buy them but Ohlins is a name that would peak interest.

I bet the price would be at least 30% higher than KW V3.

I bought Öhlins FG43 front shocks for my Raptor and they were 2-3x more expensive than the Showa I had and 5-6x than OEM Marzocchi that I had at first...

10042008853.jpg

You have to take in account the R&D and the lack of interest - if there was huge interest than the production costs would be lower ergo the price too (economy of scale) but, unfortunately, there's a lack of interest.

And the other thing - Clio 197 and late Clio 200 don't have the same shocks - it also affects the demand & production costs for Öhlins.

Last edited:
Complete overkill. I'd like coilovers but refuse to pay the ridiculous money that manufacturers are commanding.

+1 its not a race car.

Ohlins are amazing pieces of kit but wont do anything KWs wouldnt to the average track dayer.

compensators? As in remote resevoirs?

I am not sure of anyone that does them, short of a full on rally setup which will cost ££££.

There seems a distinct lack of high end kits for these cars, which is a shame!

If you want to spend huge amount of your money on suspension - get Clio R3 Maxi Bilstein suspension - i believe it is 4-5000€.

+1 its not a race car.

Ohlins are amazing pieces of kit but wont do anything KWs wouldnt to the average track dayer.

You'll find for the same level of body control they probably allow the car to generate more grip in the transitions an will also ride better on the road.

This thing about the best dampers only being for race use is a bit of a fallacy, a top-end damper will give you the car control of a hard valved cheap and cheerful set, but without the ride compromise of the cheaper kit.

Top end dampers actually make even more sense for road/trackday use than they do for pure race use.

I tried to get ohlins when I had my 197. They would have been amazing. You could try speaking to yozza sport about a custom bilstein kit like they do for the 182. Think they said it would be nearly 3k but that's what I was going for before I sold the car