Ohlins Coilovers for Clio 200

+1 its not a race car.

Ohlins are amazing pieces of kit but wont do anything KWs wouldnt to the average track dayer.

I am not an avarage track day'er . This is my rally car :
019798898.jpg
019798856.jpg
020674637.jpg
Full chassy rebuild , new electrics , roll cage ... etc
F7R with F7P head , with 300'' cams , trotle bodies ... etc ...
Sadev Dogbox
GAZ suspension with compensators
And all the other stuff neaded for homologation : seats ,belts , brakes , fire extinguishing system ... etc ...

The "real" suspension is soft and at the same time the car is flat , and the wheels contact the road all the time and dont bounce on the ruff stuff .

On my every day car - 197 clio with R27 suspension - on the same road it manages to be bouncy and i can feel how the tires lose grip bouncing off the road .
I have a "saying " : if i am gonna do it , i am gonna do it . I am not spending money on something that i know it is not gonna work , just because it is cheaper , and later buy the right thing. I want ohlins or proflex .

Any idea what is the deal with the gear box for the 197 and making it a "dog box " , someone selling a "set" ( diff and gears ) , or the casing is not gonna holdup and i have to buy a whole box ( sadev or quaife ) ? What about the drive shafts ? I dont want to change the gear ratio , just to be able to shift without clutch.

Snape that is a ruuuude 5! I have always always loved them. Along with the 205 they are what (in my opinion and many others) are what started the movement resulting in what we now have today! The 197 etc etc....

Love them!

Emailed Ohlins about availability of coilovers, heres the response:

we don’t have anything available off the shelf at present for this application within our R&T range, however if the car is being used for serious track day activity then it is possible that one of our centres could provide a set of competition dampers for it via what’s called our ’kit system’. Many Ohlins dampers are produced via this system and it might be that either Aurok, BG Motorsport or Mick Gardner Racing has already produced a kit for this car. I would recommend sending these Centres your enquiry and see what they say. You can find their details either on our website or if you’re on facebook under ’Ohlins Racing UK’.

Kind regards,

Chris Witter

Öhlins Racing UK Office: Instrumentvägen 8-10 Mail: Box 722 S-194 27 Upplands Väsby Sweden

Tel: +44 (0)203 286 3127 Mobile: +44 (0)7500 045 164

E-mail: chris.witter@ohlins.se

Obviously I have offered them my car for development should they require it :thumbup:

iirc hp sporting a czech based suspension company do a set for a 197, fully adjustable rally kit that goes for a N3 clio, so unlike the R3 the N3 has got the standard front suspension so will fit any road 197/200, I think their price is about 1900 EUR

i have a set off 3 way öhlins over from another car, think i shuld build them to may clio on the front its not so mutch work, ther rear is the problem, mayby a bay new rear one the only cost 1150£ each:smile: