Off on a road trip .....

Adrian

Platinum Legend
Platinum Member
As of 7pm Tuesday night I have 8 days off work. Going to do a mini road trip up to the Lake District and North Yorkshire Moors, then across to Scarborough. Just a 3 night job. Taking the camera, plenty of money for petrol and hoping for decent weather.

Anyone got any recommendations for good driving roads? Had a look at the driving roads section and a couple have caught my eye. Going to do Buttertubs and the surrounding area (although my brakes are really close to being shot).

Cheers :smile:

Hope that you enjoy it Adrian! I hope the weather holds up for you! There are some great roads!

do buttertubs then follow signs for "tan hill"

back towards hawes then follow signs for "askrig"

try the b6160 in to kettlewell and try and find "cam gill lane" :thumbup1:

do buttertubs then follow signs for "tan hill"

back towards hawes then follow signs for "askrig"

try the b6160 in to kettlewell and try and find "cam gill lane" :thumbup1:

sweet, will do cheers Si

Well, done 668 miles so far in 3 days. Currently in Scarborough, heading home tomorrow. Hoping to be there for gp qualifying. Lake district was fantastic with some epic roads, as was north yorkshire moors with buttertubs and tan hill. Will do a report some time when I get back!

Well, done 668 miles so far in 3 days. Currently in Scarborough, heading home tomorrow. Hoping to be there for gp qualifying. Lake district was fantastic with some epic roads, as was north yorkshire moors with buttertubs and tan hill. Will do a report some time when I get back!

was in scarborough today...only for a few hours :huh:

I didn't arrive until around 6 ish. Got carried away on the moors then got lost on the moors next to whitby, man it was bleak up there !

Glade you having a good drive Adrian wish I could be doing it as well mate.enjoy your break

I didn't arrive until around 6 ish. Got carried away on the moors then got lost on the moors next to whitby, man it was bleak up there !

if i had known would have come over for fish supper :bat:

as you leave have a drive round "olivers mount"

Quite easily done up around Grosmont etc - beautiful place though, it is where I went for my 'winter' shots....

Sounds like you are having a good time sir :smile:

Enjoy it & see you next week, well the week after :smile: