Nimbus grey 197 :)

Looking good Jake. How do you find that brake setup compared to standard?

I saw a 197 with a 200 diffuser for the first time today (Litchy), makes quite a difference.

Looking good Jake. How do you find that brake setup compared to standard?

I saw a 197 with a 200 diffuser for the first time today (Litchy), makes quite a difference.

Well, to be honest mate, it feels quite a bit different with this set up, but the brakes weren't working to their full potential as standard anyway. On the offside front caliper, one of the pads was as new, but the other was almost down to metal! This was because the pads had seized on the pins etc, and only one pad was coming onto the disc, so therefore one was doing all the work. I only noticed it after I got some bad juddering through the steering wheel one day, followed by a bad squeak, so I thought I had better check it out.

Overall, the brake setup does feel a lot better, sharper and more responsive etc. But it's hard for me to say if it would feel any better than a properly working standard setup. Hope that makes sense mate! :smiley:

Yep. I bought my 200 diffuser within about two weeks of buying the car I think! Ha. Standard one is back on at the moment, as I was considering selling the 200 diffuser. They are nice, but they don't come cheap! :wink:

Cheers for all the comments chaps!

Cars looking good Jake, have you fitted the tow loop yet?

Cheers mate. Nope, not yet. I need to make something to allow it to fit. (I have seen them on here somewhere!) Might have been you?! :smile:
Was thinking of getting another Clio towing eye from a local scrapyard and cutting the loop off, then turning the towing eye down, then cutting a 12mm thread on it, but so I still have the 16mm thread to screw in.

Like this: http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=17846&highlight=towing+loop

I also bought some Team Heko wind deflectors locally back in the summer, which are now for sale!

Heko1.gif

Heko2.gif

(Pics mainly FTAO Curley!)

Also a quick pic of my cup racer wheels before Tom (GrumpyTwig) had them refurbished! In a pretty sorry state as you can see!

scratchedcupracers.gif

Car had its second MOT on Tuesday - Sailed through with no problems at all and two advisories.
One being that there is very slight play in one of the steering arms, and the other being that all four tyres are 'low' on tread, which I knew about anyway.

So, I get home and notice one of the rear tyres looks a bit flat, but think maybe it's just the way I'm parked. Checked it an hour later, and it's completely flat, with a 3" screw pretty much right in the sidewall :worried:

Sooooo, went to my local tyre supplier and got some Conti Sport Contact 5's on order.

cupracers-1.gif

And got them put on my cup racers :smile:

They're now on the car instead of the raiders, and I'm chuffed with how they look, although they are 'track wheels' lol.

clio123.gif

clio12.gif

Had a little present arrive in the post this morning......

cazan2.gif

Yep, some Carbon Fibre exhaust trims from Cazan Racing (Fernandez on here)
Very pleased with them. Excellent quality and finish.
Really good company and excellent service and very fast delivery. Can't recommend them enough!

Anyway, I have to appoligise for the low quality phone pictures. Really must get a decent camera soon!

cazan1.gif

diffuser.gif

diffuser2.gif

diffuser43.gif

They finish off the diffuser nicely, and are cheaper than the OEM Renault chrome trims too! It's a no brainer :smile:
Jake

That looks better with the carbon rings, more stealth.

Just my opinion but the standard one with the chrome rings has a little boy racer look to it.

That looks better with the carbon rings, more stealth.

Just my opinion but the standard one with the chrome rings has a little boy racer look to it.

Exactly what I think mate.
Here's a picture from back in the summer last year....

cliochromerings.gif

I think they just stand out a bit too much.

im definitely going to be getting myself a set i think now, can see me becoming a bit addicted to the carbon fibre now, really looks good!

Little bit of progress with my car. :smile:
Firstly, got my self a cup spoiler, thanks to Renault Parts Direct in Swindon, then had it painted by a local body shop.

cupspoiler1.gif

cupspoiler2.gif

You get the idea.....
Makes the rear of the car look a lot more aggressive in my opinion, with a better stance.
Always thought about getting one, but in the back of my mind I thought they could look a bit too excessive, but glad I got one now :smile:

Also attended FCS last weekend, and had the 3 hour open pit lane slot.
Here's a few that my mates took. There's a whole lot more on the PhotographyUK website.

cliofcs1.gif

cliofcs2.gif

cliofcs3.gif

It was my first real trackday experience, and I loved it! Got slightly annoying with all of the turbo 106's & Saxo's flooring it past on the straights then holding me back in the corners, but oh well!

Really impressed with the Clio on track, considering it is pretty much factory spec :smile:

Oh, last but not least, on the 21st, I ordered my Spax RSX coilovers, from Venom Motorsport. 14 - 21 days delivery, so I'll be counting the days! :wink:

Cheers guys.

love the spoiler mate, there very 50/50 on here but personally I love them and wouldnt mind one for mine. Car looks well on track too :smile:

Best choice in spoiler and on nimbus it just one of the mods you have to do

Yup, I'm really pleased with how it looks. Like I say, it took a while for me to convince myself to get one, but so so glad that I now have :smile:

Just waiting for my coilovers now. :smiley:

Spax RSX coilover kit arrived a few weeks ago! Here are a few pics;

spaxfullkit.gif

spaxkit.gif

Spaxstrut.gif

They're now on the car too. Rear were easy as hell as I had expected, but the fronts were a nightmare! Got there in the end though!

I dropped the car by approx. 20mm to start with, to allow the suspension to all settle in etc. It's now about 50mm lower on the front, and 40mm at the rear, to try and keep the 'factory rake look.'

They're also damping adjustable, so been playing around with that too to try and get the best, but improved set up for road use.

Overall, I'm really impressed with the kit so far! Excellent value for money in my opinion!

cliocoilovers1.gif

That reminds me, I also bought new Renault OEM top mounts for the coilover struts. Not too cheap at just under £100 each, but saved me some hassle with removing the old ones etc. Will make life easier if I ever need to re-fit the standard suspension too.